• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gheenoe restoration project.

So I had a feeling the transom may be rotten, it had some wiggle to it with just a trolling motor on it. I figured I should replace it before I put a $1000 motor on it. I cut the inside layer of fiberglass around the back where they put the wood originally. The wood inside was almost gone and soaking wet. Going to cut some composite decking to fit, coat it in resin, then glass the whole back section in. More to come...
IMG_1419.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG

Bought a jet ski trailer for it. Bunks needed to be a little longer so I extended them with some 8' 2x6s wrapped in indoor/outdoor carpet.
Third coat of paint is drying right now, should be completely dry in a week.
Found a Yahama 6hp four stroke for it and got a 55lb minn Kota trolling motor ordered

B....O....A....T: means "Break Out Another Thousand", been there and learned the hard way.......the Gheenoe does look good :thumb:, I had one and sold it, sure wish I had it back.
Thanks man, Ive heard that. I've owned a few boats. I actually think I may make a little on this one ( not if I factor in my hours, I'd loose my ass if I did that) when it's all said and done I should be around 2200 bucks in it. I've seen them go for $3-5k depending on what's been done. I may not want to sell it when I'm finished though

Back
Top Bottom