• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gift for wifey-poo...

About 15 years ago my wife and I got tired of trying to buy each other Christmas gifts. We put the $ we would have spent in an envelope, looked at our friends and acquaintances for who was having the roughest time and would have a difficult time financially at Christmas and gave them the money. If I remember correctly the first year was a coworker of hers that had cancer. We were hooked and have done this every since. This year we gave it to a woman at our church who is on disability and raising a grandchild. Not telling you this so you will think old Horsehat is a great guy, I'm not, I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. Just recommending some of you old farts,(not the young guys) give it a try, one of the most rewarding things we do.

About 15 years ago my wife and I got tired of trying to buy each other Christmas gifts. We put the $ we would have spent in an envelope, looked at our friends and acquaintances for who was having the roughest time and would have a difficult time financially at Christmas and gave them the money. If I remember correctly the first year was a coworker of hers that had cancer. We were hooked and have done this every since. This year we gave it to a woman at our church who is on disability and raising a grandchild. Not telling you this so you will think old Horsehat is a great guy, I'm not, I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. Just recommending some of you old farts,(not the young guys) give it a try, one of the most rewarding things we do.

Glad you shared.. this is a good thing...

THIS is the true spirit of Christmas!

Very nice..thanks for sharing.

upload_2017-12-9_19-54-32.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom