• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glitzy Daniel Defense

I love the 6.8 cartridge. I have built four of them. I haven't used the DD barrel yet but I have used the Wilson Combat barrels twice and ARP barrels. That's a nice looking barrel and the price is right. Let me know what kind of accuracy you get out of it. I would love to know. That barrel looks real nice!

The price is right. Don't cry over that price. I have spent as much a 700 on a barrel before. That's a lot of barrel for that price. Worth every dime. Make sure and pair it with the DD BCG. I use those extensively and they are worth the price of admission. The make for a very smooth action and will mate to that barrel wonderfully.

You live close enough. After you get her built lets go up to River Bend Gun Club and shoot her. I will bring a couple of my 6.8's and we will see how accurate she is. I have some loads I developed that are really accurate for target and we can see how she does with those loads. I bet she will shatter 3/4 MOA, hell I would almost bet she would come in at under 1/2 with these loads. I don't get anywhere close to a max load for target. Yeah they go fast and would be great at home defense but for target I have seen where backing off the powder charge is a lot more stable for the round.

I have wanted one of those barrels forever but they haven't been available for a long time. 289 is a steal for a HF barrel.

Dude the more I sit here and think about the more I want that barrel in 18". I am trying to figure out how to come up with a way to squeeze one out of an already tight budget. Damn car problems have kept my gun money from going to where it should be going. Guns! I really do need to get my priorities in line. LOL

Actually, I know a little about spending the cash I don't have. Just a few days before ordering the DD barrel I received a YHM 16" carbine 6.8 SPC II in the mail. PA was selling them for $99 so I just had to have one. Now I get to toy around with deciding what to do with it. I'm thinking of going for a super light weight carbine, but I don't have to be in a hurry, which is in line with my funding so it works out anyway.

DSCF1187.JPG

Actually, I know a little about spending the cash I don't have. Just a few days before ordering the DD barrel I received a YHM 16" carbine 6.8 SPC II in the mail. PA was selling them for $99 so I just had to have one. Now I get to toy around with deciding what to do with it. I'm thinking of going for a super light weight carbine, but I don't have to be in a hurry, which is in line with my funding so it works out anyway.

View attachment 1375536
Well I just finished a 18' 5.56 DMR build and I need a good optic for that. I should be good to go in about two weeks then I will have my play money every Friday. I should be able to obtain one by the end of the month. I going with the ATX billet 40 receivers. They look just plain mean. Those are 329 for the set. I sold my 18 inch Wilson Combat barreled 6.8 a while back and have been kicking myself in the ass every since. It was a dumb move. It was a billet build and it shot under just under 1/2 moa with hand loads. Every time I built a 6.8 I went to the DD site first and they never had them in stock so I went with Wilson Combat. I actually have a Match grade Wilson Combat 14.7 inch Recon Tactical 6.8 now and that barrel was 274. However I really liked the performance I got out of the 18 inch barrel. I think I got that one on sale for 229. I am actually considering the 18 inch Urban Super Sniper barrel as well but it's 324. Still a reasonable price compared to some of the other barrels I have used. It's just a toss up now on which barrel I will go with. I have a little time to make up my mind. I been wanting to try the HF barrel but I am going to read some reviews on the DD 6.8 rifles and see what kind of accuracy they are getting out them. That will give me a better idea of what barrel I will go with. Those Wilson Combat barrels shoot really good with hand loads. I mean really good. I have a 14.7 inch, a 16 inch and I really want another 18 inch barrel one. What can I say, I love 6.8's.

Next gen mod. Canned the Rifle stock for a carbine. Twisted on a protector instead of flash hider. Makes the rifle much easier to handle.

And it gives me an OAL of just under 31" (collapsed).

DSCF1198 (2).JPG

Nice looking gun. It's good to see someone going 6.8 ( off the beaten path ) and making a retro look. It's refreshing. I can't say enough about that cartridge. I have worked up a load that is real accurate. Not really fast but accurate. If you reload it's a 110 to 115 grain projectile of your choice and use IMR XBR 8208. It does real good a 28.5 grains of powder. That's almost 1.5 grains below max load. That load out of a Wilson Combat 18 in match grade barrel netted in the sub 1/2 MOA area. Then I have worked up some hot loads for self defense. I keep those in the loose mags in the safe. Of course I bought the 6.8 spcII stickers and stuck them on the front of the mags horizontally for easy identification. Those loads are going to be body rippers. You know the ole one shot stop theory.
I can't seem to find the Barnes 85 grain projectiles anywhere locally. I have a load given to me by a friend with a chronograph and say's he's got 3000 fps. out of them with a safe grain weight. Imagine that. A 270 round traveling almost the same speed as a 5.56. Now that would be a fight stopper.
Congrats!
Nice looking gun!

Back
Top Bottom