• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glitzy Daniel Defense

I haven't bought any (because they're never in stock) but SSA has an 85gr nosler that runs at 2950 from a 16".

People say that the spec II chamber was designed to make the cartridge safer with hotter loads, just what exactly do they mean? Does the chamber allow a longer COL or is it just tighter dimensions?

When I can discipline myself to stop buying gun parts then I intend to get into re-loading. Sounds like a satisfying experience, just wish I had a 100yd back lot.

The Daniel Defense CHF S2W barrel makes it a little front heavy, but that should help negate some of the recoil, I would hope. DD lists the 6.8 as one of their "heavy" barrels and they aren't kidding!

P.S. I went with the M4 style because I feel that it makes for a more rugged rifle. I am pretty hard on my appliances. Things tend to get all beat up when I get my hands on them! :becky:

I need to get a chronograph. As far as ranges go you live close enough to me. I will extend this invitation to you as I do a lot of members. If you can come up with a day off through the week let me now an we can go up to River Bend Gun Club and shoot at the 200 yard range. I say on the weekday because the weekend is a mad house. On week days it's a ghost town. Just shoot me a PM or text 404-437-9592 and we will head up and shoot some six eights. I am building my third right now. After the rifles we can knock down some plates at the handgun range. It's makes for a nice and fun day of shooting. I have a spotting scope I just need a chrony. I have a lot of new loads I need to try for accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom