• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock’s without Smiley’s

SemperFi1074

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
Semper Fi! Always Faithful!
237   0
Reaction score
I started shooting again about 2 years ago, and joined the ODT about 1 year ago. I remember when I first started selling/trading on the ODT, if you were selling a Glock, you had to state there were no smiley’s on the barrel. If you didn’t it was like some violation of the Glock code of weaponry.

Through the years I have owned and shot many different manufacturer weapons, and never was I concerned with wear marks on the barrel of a semi-automatic (let me quickly interject normal wear patterns) weapon. They were an indicator of a well used and “broken” in weapon, and I can tell you that the Springfield’s, HK’s, SIGS, and yes even Glocks all operated outstanding with “smiley’s” on the barrels. It seems that unless you want the barrel to look pretty and keep your weapon, which by the way is a tool, in your safe, barrel wear marks are a natural occurrence with a well shot, and yes, well maintained weapon.

So can someone chime in and let me know what the big deal is with “no smiley’s” on Glocks in particular. And dare I say how are we addressing the “smiley’s” that are a standard occurrence on the Glock Gen5 marksmen barrels and that occur on every one after a few hundred rounds?

Still ain’t getting it but I am just a dumb rock Marine! Interested to hear your feedback!

Semper Fidelis!

Marc

6C7FC5B5-9099-4E9E-A273-9C5A302EE86D.jpeg
Glock smilies and revolver turn rings, lol. My brand new CZ SP01 barrel finish looked like it had seen hundreds of rounds before I even fired it.

Yes, but oh what shooters those CZ’s are brother!

The SIG P226 1988 West German I picked up used for $425 had a barrel that looked like it had been in a war zone. But the straightest shooting weapon I had at that time! Brought it up to Firing Line in Canton, had them Cerakote in graphite black and Sniper Gray, added SIG factory night sights, and then installed a SRT kit. Probably in the top three of the best shooters I own. Still the original barrel too!

Back
Top Bottom