• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 17 double tap

TREYM

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
91   0
Reaction score
I recently bought a Glock 17. The previous owner had install a bunch of Zev internal parts. It was not a complete Zev trigger but the spring kit. I went to the range today and to my dismay when I pull the trigger it double taps everytime. I am not pulling the trigger twice. I can pull.the trigger and remove my finger and it double taps. Any ideas. I guess I will need to find a good Glock smith. It is kind of cool bUT it is not really safe. Thanks.

Can you teach my guns to do that?!?!

I don't know a lot about Glocks but it seems you're probably going to have to get the rest of the Zev trigger components, or go back to stock springs?

Good luck...I'm sure someone will be along shortly who will be of more help...

I had the same problem with a ghost connector. I replaced it with a stock connector and the problem went away. I destroyed the ghost connector as I didn't want anything in y possession that would cause me to be a felon

I would not advise against a ghost connector. However the one I had that was double tapping was a ghost. I have since returned my Glocks to stock and the problem ceased. I destroyed the one that was defective/illegal. I have run the standard ghost without issue the one that double tapped was the one with the holes in it.

Sounds like that connector isn't allowing enough engagement between the trigger bar and striker.

Everyone needs the armorers rear plate in the tool kit if you're swapping trigger group parts.

They're drop in parts 99.9% of the time... and seeing the engagement is the only way to know

Back
Top Bottom