• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 17L 1988 Value?

Given that Glock has announced that 17Ls are back in production, doubt you'll see any jump in value for yours. Same is true for the 24, also back in production. Now if it were a 24C, you'd have something a little less easy to get. Not the news you were hoping for, I'm sure. Sorry.

Countdown until somebody says "whatever someone is willing to pay for it" and I facepalm at the meaninglessness of such statement :doh:

But to answer your question, almost certainly not $10k. You could list starting bid as a million bucks on GB, but it'd never get a bid. Highest money might come from posting on GB and letting collectors duke it out in a bid war.

Only one way to find out... put it up for sale on Gunbroker and see what people will bid for it. As mentioned above, if you have box and docs that will increase the value significantly since you are looking for collectors, not shooters.

Older Glocks are going up in price and are already collectable. There was a whole display of special serial number and configuration Glocks at the NRAAM this year.

Unfortunately there's not a huge amount of information on the sale price of these guns like there is with say, Colts or Smiths, so it's hard to find comparative values. I'm guessing it's well above the $450 someone mentioned and well below the $10,000 you mentioned for a similar gun.

The L is a visually interesting pistol so it's probably worth more to a collector than a generic 17 would be, but if it's more than $1500 or so in these early days of Glocks being collectable, I'd be surprised.

Like I said though, only one way to really find out.

Back
Top Bottom