• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19 Gen 5 or 19X ?

I use a G19 Gen5 as my EDC right now, and I also owned a Gen4 in the past. Overall I prefer the Gen5, and its trigger too. The baseplate cutout never bothers me. For the grip finger grooves, I don't care either way. What does bother me though, and this is pretty much with all Glocks, as that my thumb gets too close to the slide release when shooting and it won't hold open on the last round. Just something I have to work around with my hand/finger size, I guess. I would not like to carry the G19X though because the grip is a G17 size and would print more.

I have both Guns OP. I prefer the 19X overall, but I prefer to EDC my 19 Gen 5. The 19X can be EDC'd but youll need to have a bigger body (Im 6 foot 3 and 240 pounds) and wear very loose clothing. Thats how I EDC my 19X sometimes. The 19 Gen 5 is still a great firearm and is worth the 400 dollars or so. Same can be said for the 19X. The night sights on the 19X do justify the extra charge though (along with the enhanced barrel). One thing to note though, I am more accurate with the regular 19 than I am with the 19X. Im not sure if its the longer sight radius that Im not used to yet, or the sights need aligning, or Im just used to 19s (I carry one for work).

Either way, Id hold both and and take a look at both to see which one feels better in your hand.

I have shot a 19X and I loved it. I personally own a GEN 4 Glock 19. I did like the longer grip of the 19X and it is a sweet shooter. The trigger also felt better. I only shot it at 7 yards so my accuracy at that distance was the same.

I wanted to like a Gen 5 19, but the magwell cut out really aggravated me. I don't know why in the world Glock simply doesn't put slight cut outs on the bottom of the sides of the grip (like every freakin' every other gun manufacturer) to aid in mag rips, but who am I to argue with "perfection" :noidea:

To me, a Gen 3 19 is the overall best 19 out of the bunch. Simply rock solid.

Back
Top Bottom