• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19

Don't be that tool that changes everything and doesn't know why outside ''someone on the Internet said so''.

Change stock sights and invest the money you save from unnecessary crap on ammo and training

I tried the whole glock minus connector and the $0.25 trigger job. It lightened the trigger a good bit but to me it seemed like it was too much for a carry gun. That was on a gen 3 19. I recently purchased a gen 4 19 and it seems fine right out of the box to me.

As far as sights, I would go with either Glock night sights or trijicons. Other than that I would leave it alone.

I had a glock I received in a trade that was already partially stippled. I didn't realize it until after I had traded for it. I just glanced at it and said "it's a Glock" and traded. I finished the stippling on it and while it was a lot more "grippy" I didn't really care for it. I contemplated stippling my 19 before but quickly decided against it.

Anyone stipple their frame. I've seen a ton of people do it and I don't think it adds much to the gun. Will heed everyone's advice on the night sights and trigger though.
My 43 was stippled by the guy I bought it from, and its great.. for me anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Heck, a very cheap option is a piece of bicycle tire tube pulled up onto the grip. Sounds crazy, but it works like a charm.
Turn the piece of inner tube inside out and spray it with some extra-hold hairspray. Put it on, let it dry and the inner tube won't move around. It works like a charm and, best of all, if you don't like it, it's reversible! :thumb:

cimino289 cimino289 wich generation G19 are you going with?

I like the Gen4's for some simple reasons-

Slimmer grip w/o panels

Dual spring guide rod (slightly tames recoil vs Gen3 guide rod)

Wider ambi mag release

Don't get me wrong, I've got a few gen3's and like them just fine but seem to carry/shoot the Gen4 a little more.

Turn the piece of inner tube inside out and spray it with some extra-hold hairspray. Put it on, let it dry and the inner tube won't move around. It works like a charm and, best of all, if you don't like it, it's reversible! :thumb:

Keep in mind if you IWB carry with a slip on grip... the body heat can transfer to the rubber grip which CAN make it ride up the grip and cover the mag release (even with a few drops of glue)

I'd prefer to see a Talon Grip tape over the rubber sleeves personally

YMMV

Keep in mind if you IWB carry with a slip on grip... the body heat can transfer to the rubber grip which CAN make it ride up the grip and cover the mag release (even with a few drops of glue)

I'd prefer to see a Talon Grip tape over the rubber sleeves personally

YMMV
Those slip on grips can be dangerous. They CAN slide up or down causing issues with mag release or with the mag

I use the Traction Grips if I want anything on my grip

Those slip on grips can be dangerous. They CAN slide up or down causing issues with mag release or with the mag

I use the Traction Grips if I want anything on my grip
I have not had that problem yet, using the hairspray trick. I don't carry the G17 IWB but I do with the Shield. The inner tube on it hasn't moved either. As always, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom