• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 19X -Glock fanboyz should watch this, break out the teddy bears

Not trying to argue (I love Gen 4 17s and 34s and have no need for this gun), but he's using different base plates. It does not look like Gen 5 9mm factory mags with factory base plates aren't going to go in because they have a lip on the front.
I stand corrected you’re absolutely right. I shoulda paid more attention and I’ve watched that video like 3 times lol. Think I got lost in the magazine swaps back to back to back. Looks like gen 5 baseplates do have clearance issues I appreciate you pointing that out before I spread more misinformation lol :thumb:

Edit- on a positive note, I’ve got glock baseplates scattered all through my house like most glock owners do :doh: but you’re right.

Skip to the 5:30-ish mark and watch the demonstration. I don't have any Gen 5s but what he is saying makes sense given the cut in the front of the grip and and the resulting Gen 5 base plates. I was excited to get a Gen 5 19 as I did not like the finger grooves on the Gen 4 and then Glock went and put a gay tactical finger cut on the front of the grip that I hate...
I too hated the magazine extraction cut especially on the 19. My pinky falls right into it. I know they have baseplates that fill that gap if you still wanted a Gen 5 and were willing to swap em out and buy em extra. I’ll be happy with the 3 mags Glock gives me with the 19X and just run magpuls for my extra but I’m super happy they ditched the relief cut on the X model too.

Now if we wanna hate on glock. This is your whipping child

E9DA295B-76A0-44C6-9AC4-FA618A79F2A4.jpeg
I like glock and after 10 minutes with this thing I was shaking my head :doh:
With a 1200-1300 shelf price too jeeeeeeezeeee

Now if we wanna hate on glock. This is your whipping child

View attachment 1464559 I like glock and after 10 minutes with this thing I was shaking my head :doh:
With a 1200-1300 shelf price too jeeeeeeezeeee

Yeah, I don't get that at all. I don't think it's any easier to conceal and then you have to go all Build-a-Bear before you can shoot it... I appreciate that someone is innovating but I sure don't need one.

Yeah, I don't get that at all. I don't think it's any easier to conceal and then you have to go all Build-a-Bear before you can shoot it... I appreciate that someone is innovating but I sure don't need one.
I sat there with a Pickens county SWAT boy just trying to figure out what we could use it for. We had nothing worthwhile to note lol

You're right, man. I'm a dumbass. You are clearly the knower of all things, and I bow before your expansive knowledge.

Well the first part of your statement may be correct, although I did not imply or actually make said claim. However I was complimenting cmshoot on his knowledge of the subject at hand. He is normally a wealth of firearms knowledge, and often is able to cut thru some if the b.s. here and interject facts. As I stated, that is not welcome by many here. Thank you for so brilliantly proving my point. I am walking out my back door and shooting my Gen 3 19, so others don't have to soil their hands touching the black polymer.

The 19X is not as designed for the MHS contract- where is the manual safety? So Glock "could have" done whatever they wanted to make this appealing to the CCW market but chose not to do so. I am sure many will buy it because it is the MHS gun that lost- and probably "should have" won, but it is a watered down marketed replica designed to sell pistols. Looks really cool though, except the all brown, maybe they can do a replica of the 19 that Crane orders?

View attachment 1464227

The ommittance of the manual safety is the only difference between what they are selling to us and what they submitted for the MHS contract. The barrel length, magazine capacity, lanyard ring.......all specified in the MHS contract requirements.

they did't do nothing but copy the s&w m&p fullsize it has a 4.25 inch barrel with the full size grip 17rds in 9mm and the m&p has a ambi slide release as well... way to go glock for copying s&w.... and to me the m&p is a nicer feeling gun in my hands for waaaaay cheaper....

Back
Top Bottom