• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 21 suppressor issue

brownbmo

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
199   0
Reaction score
I am in need of some advice on a suppressor I’m using on a Glock 21 gen 2.
I just received a new Advanced Armament barrel for the pistol to work with my older AA .45 suppressor. This is a straight can no piston. The cub and can were clean and lubed lightly.

The can works great on my H&K USP tactical, but on the 21 it won’t eject the brass on two standard .45 ammos tried.
I have to manually eject and then it slides in a new round. I’ve only ran 18 rounds through it, but it fails to eject does it consistently. Sometimes the slide holds back enough to see the spent brass still horizontal in the chamber and sometimes the slide fully closes on the spent brass still in the chamber.
Any suggestions on a fix? I did a quick Google search and on Silencerco they were saying it may need a stronger recoil spring to slow down the slide and offset the higher muzzle pressure.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mine is a sealed can, no threaded
And BTW if your suppressor is a ti-rant 45 I may have an extra piston I’ll give you a good price on

Mine is a sealed can. You can’t thread open the end to access. One end threads to the barrel and the other is there the bullet comes out. Id need an extrernal unit.

Mine is a sealed can, no threaded

Mine is a sealed can. You can’t thread open the end to access. One end threads to the barrel and the other is there the bullet comes out. Id need an extrernal unit.
Humm! To work on a simi auto pistol it would need a booster, neilson device, piston with a spring, I believe I’m right here. I have an older aac sealed 9mm can but can remove the piston to put in a different size.
Someone will be along soon who knows more than I do, hopefully figure this out

Humm! To work on a simi auto pistol it would need a booster, neilson device, piston with a spring, I believe I’m right here. I have an older aac sealed 9mm can but can remove the piston to put in a different size.
Someone will be along soon who knows more than I do, hopefully figure this out

I’ll post some pictures of the suppressor. It works perfect on my H&K with the same ammo.

This AA Tactical suppressor is from 2002. It says in the manual it is designed to work with the USP and Glock 21 without “recoil enhancing”.
Neither end threads off to access the interior.
It works fine on the USP, maybe the new AA barrel needs to be broken in?

Attachments

• FFF87B00-A463-4741-8C3B-153DEFA8F9E1.jpeg
    FFF87B00-A463-4741-8C3B-153DEFA8F9E1.jpeg
    64.4 KB · Views: 78
  • ED559071-23A4-4E01-8E2F-A6899D2708C5.jpeg
    ED559071-23A4-4E01-8E2F-A6899D2708C5.jpeg
    91.2 KB · Views: 92
  • 2872BD12-09E4-458D-A9E6-525DBE6405AB.jpeg
    2872BD12-09E4-458D-A9E6-525DBE6405AB.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 78
Give AAC a call. I'm not familiar with that can so I can't be of much help but just going off my limited knowledge and imperfect memory usually on semi autos you need a Neilson device, booster, piston or whatever you want to call it. The exception to that are fixed barrel guns, I dont believe the Beretta 92FS needs one, you can just run a fixed barrel spacer. It has to do with the barrel tilting up when the slide goes back, I cant remember the term. Anyways the reason why it might work on your USP vs the Glock is because the USP doesn't have that great of an angle when the slide goes back.

Back
Top Bottom