Glock 22 4th Gen and RTF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jloneill17

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
165   0
Reaction score
I was wondering if you could answer me a question or two? I am going to buy a Glock 22. The 4th Gen has the straight up and down slide serrations with the rough textured frame and the double spring guide rod. The RTF2 has the new "fish gills" slide serrations with rough textured frame also and the old style single sping guide rod. I believe both have the removable backstrap. Am I correct in my information about these models? If you had a choice to buy either one, which would you buy and why? I appreciate your time and any information or advice that you can give me. thank you so much. I hope you have a good day.

John

Last edited:
I am no expert but I believe only the Gen 4 guns have removable backstraps. The RTF2 has the rough textured frame and the cool (my opinion) side serrations but it is not a Gen 4 pistol. Many people were calling it the Gen 4 when it was released but this is incorrect accoding to Glock. I have just bought a Gen 4 G19. I like the grip with no backstraps on it, meaning just the standard grip. I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet but a buddy has shot his and he said he didn't feel that much of a recoil difference. It's supposed to be 20% lighter than the standard G19. If this is the case, and there isn't really that much difference in "felt" recoil, and you don't need the larger backstraps for a larger grip, I don't see a reason to go with a Gen 4.

I carried a G23 and a G27 back in the day in another profession and I was very happy with the guns. I will replace them at some point in the future but right now I have my eyes set on a G34 or a G26. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom