• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 26 = Friends with benefits.

I completely understand your feelings OP. I did the same thing a couple times with a G26 but I too have one again. So now I have tried almost all of the popular carry guns. I started with the J Frame Revolvers and still to this day I go back to her every now and again. But I try to maintain my relationship with the G26. Sure, shes fat and ugly but dependable as well. In case I get tired of her, I also have her sisters, the G19, G19MOS, G17, and the evil Step sister the G43. As some suggested I should try her cousin so, I did - the S&W M&P9c but she is a bit heavier than the G19 and G26. I even gave her arch enemy a try, the SIG P320C and found her to be a nice fit but, a little too nice so she spends a lot of time alone, in the safe.
For now, I often switch between the G43, S&W J Frame, and the G19 so the small, fat, and ugly G26 still finds herself a little neglected but, I still keep her around and carry her with me now and again, lol. Just can't seem to get away from her.

I see no reason to own a G26, and I've owned a couple of them. The 19 is a better shooter, at least for me, and once you add a grip extension to a 26 the butt is the same length as the 19, which is the part that is most difficult to conceal. So you have a lower capacity, shorter barreled gun that is just as hard to conceal, and doesn't shoot as well...Not for me, anyway. And the 19 can also take the high capacity mags. The 19 is just a better gun, IMO.
Pretty much my thoughts too, but I went from a 26 to a 17 for EDC. They're the same thickness, which is what really matters when carrying IWB. The 17 actually feels more stable IWB than the 26. I guess that's because of the extra slide length. I have no problem hiding the extra grip length under a plain T-shirt.

I'm not knocking the 26 at all. It's a fine weapon and pretty dang accurate for a subcompact, but I like having 17+1 vs 10+1

I completely understand your feelings OP. I did the same thing a couple times with a G26 but I too have one again. So now I have tried almost all of the popular carry guns. I started with the J Frame Revolvers and still to this day I go back to her every now and again. But I try to maintain my relationship with the G26. Sure, shes fat and ugly but dependable as well. In case I get tired of her, I also have her sisters, the G19, G19MOS, G17, and the evil Step sister the G43. As some suggested I should try her cousin so, I did - the S&W M&P9c but she is a bit heavier than the G19 and G26. I even gave her arch enemy a try, the SIG P320C and found her to be a nice fit but, a little too nice so she spends a lot of time alone, in the safe.
For now, I often switch between the G43, S&W J Frame, and the G19 so the small, fat, and ugly G26 still finds herself a little neglected but, I still keep her around and carry her with me now and again, lol. Just can't seem to get away from her.
Theres always a time and a place to rock the J-frame snubbies! Like a hot ass humid GA summer shorts and shirt day! Riding in the front pocket

I cant explain but I shoot my 43 better than my 26. I just dont get it. I want to love the 26. I have carried one thousands of hours and miles and shot thousands of rounds. I can shoot it well but I have to try and I shouldnt have to try that hard. I really see us breaking up soon.
Put a grip wrap on it. I like Agrip. Gen 4 Glocks have good texture from the factory. Gen 1 thru 3 need help, especially on the subcompact models.

Yeah you get it.

Pretty much my thoughts too, but I went from a 26 to a 17 for EDC. They're the same thickness, which is what really matters when carrying IWB. The 17 actually feels more stable IWB than the 26. I guess that's because of the extra slide length. I have no problem hiding the extra grip length under a plain T-shirt.

I'm not knocking the 26 at all. It's a fine weapon and pretty dang accurate for a subcompact, but I like having 17+1 vs 10+1

What holster and in what position? I really like carrying a 17 even though Im 5'7" it would never be my EDC but find with the right cant it carry's probably better than my 19.

The 17 is a better shooter but too big for my britches. Already crowded down there.

Ok its your story will let you tell it.

I buy/sell/trade a lot of guns but am never without a few 17s and 26s. Love them both and wouldn't give a cup of spit for a 19 - it just does not fit my hand. I just picked up a new 17 MOS and the finish on the slide is a really nice black color that I have not seen before. Don't know how it will wear but it looks great now.

What holster and in what position? I really like carrying a 17 even though Im 5'7" it would never be my EDC but find with the right cant it carry's probably better than my 19.
Comp-Tac CTAC carried IWB small of back. I know that 6oclock isn't an ideal carry position, but it's the only place I can comfortably carry any size gun IWB.

Back
Top Bottom