• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 26 FTF and FTE 147 coated

CAMSDADDY

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
109   0
Reaction score
I recently loaded up so Acme 147 over 3.0 and 3.2 bullseye @ 1.155. I find they are super soft and shoot awesome. I have had no issue with my Glock 43 firing these. I find my 26 shoots them super accurate when it will feed them. I have had several FTF and FTE with this round. I find it also doesnt chunk by brass at 3:30 as it has previously. Should I shorten the OAL? Should I lengthen the OAL? Ive read of many who use this combo with luck. These are the only two guns Ive fired it from. I did notice my 26 was dirty but dont think it was enough to cause issue.

What would the rated fps be with this round?

My Lee manual shows 3.9gr -4.2gr = 954 fps -1010 fps (this is with an XTP bullet though)...

How do you like the ACME Powder coated in a Glock?
Any signs of leading?

What primers did you use? My experience has found that striker fired pistols are more reliable with Federal primers. I have had failure to fire with Winchesters and CCIs.

Failure to eject could just be a light load. A weaker recoil spring may fix that. Or you could bump up the powder a bit.

Are you saying they will not feed? Or will not fire? Or not going into battery?

Rosewood

What would the rated fps be with this round?

My Lee manual shows 3.9gr -4.2gr = 954 fps -1010 fps (this is with an XTP bullet though)...

How do you like the ACME Powder coated in a Glock?
Any signs of leading?
I really like ACME. I have loaded thousands of their rounds. I like them in both 9 and 38. They have really nice customer service and ship quickly.

I dont know the FPS. I have seen claims of this round in the 850 FPS range.

What primers did you use? My experience has found that striker fired pistols are more reliable with Federal primers. I have had failure to fire with Winchesters and CCIs.

Failure to eject could just be a light load. A weaker recoil spring may fix that. Or you could bump up the powder a bit.

Are you saying they will not feed? Or will not fire? Or not going into battery?

Rosewood
I am using CCI primers.

I think my issue was I was not expanding the cases enough and it was shaving a thin layer of lead. I plunk tested a few of the rounds and found most dropped freely yet a few held in the case. I found the rounds that held had the fine layer you could barely catch with your nail.

Ur already at 1.115. Thats already pretty short. I wouldnt go long. I would try using a lee factory crimp die to finish it off. See how that works for u. Might fix it for good

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Ur already at 1.115. Thats already pretty short. I wouldnt go long. I would try using a lee factory crimp die to finish it off. See how that works for u. Might fix it for good

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
I am at 1.150. I turned my expanding die down a little and the bullets are going in a lot smoother. I guess I will see this weekend if that was the issue.

I was using S&B primers and the last I bought were CCI. The S&B wouldnt feed in my press. I may check out the Federal next time I place an order. I have to order enough to make hazmat and shipping reasonable. Dont think Ive ever seen small pistol primers in a store. I started reloading in the past 3-4 years.

The federals are hard to find. And I am guessing a lot of others use them for the same reason I do. Federal Small pistol are always the hardest ones to find of the bunch and the first ones to go out of stock.

Winchester and CCI are usually the easiest to find where I shop.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom