• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 42 trigger pulls itself!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring the holster with you to Glock. The holster may be pushing the slide out of battery slightly, just enough to cause the firing pin not to drop on the live round. Then with the slide out of battery the holster may also be somehow pulling the trigger back, that's the only way i can figure this can happen?

You got yourself an X-file there for sure. I don't see any other way how this is possible.

If the gun is defective and the trigger is getting pulled somehow and not firing when holstered you are the most blessed man on the planet right now. Don't push your luck anymore.

Please update us after you goto Glock.

You should see me buy scratch off tickets

In for details, have had glocks since the mid 80's, have not heard of this,
So....you rack the slide, trigger sets and later the trigger is to the rear without firing ??

Yes, I load up and holster and some time later (3-4days) I check it and it is in the rear position. I check it every few hours now.

In for this. Weird stuff. I've seen issues similar with guys swapping parts and making assembly errors but never one that had the trigger ride back, defeating the trigger safety but not firing. :suspicious:

I am thinking the slide moves up and down in the holster as someone said earlier.

But, I would not carry it in this condition. All the extra checking you you are doing only brings you closer to a possible accident. Normally, the holster is the safety.

If it goes off in your pocket...and hits a someone else...your life and theirs is ruined..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom