• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

Good luck finding a holster that will accommodate the added rail and the Olight. Love my 365 but the tac light/rail situation is limited at best. I love my Tier 1 holster but they don't make one for that add-on rail and a light. May have to contact @billieco and see if he can custom one for you. I'm sure he has options for the light on the 365 but I doubt anyone has one already set up with the added rail section and the light.
I took a trip to Dahlonega and had Gearcraft make a custom holster to fit my 365 with Veridian light.
5b30c15e056442fdc81f55b8cc448630.jpg

Hope it proves reliable and good 2 go for ya!
Thanks Sheepdog, and that reminds me:
Thought I would provide an update on my P365. All the backstory is in this thread but for the sake of brevity here is the cliff notes version.
  • Gun was a 9/18 build that I bought and pulled straight out of the case, with no cleaning and ran for 1000 rounds flawlessly
  • I then cleaned the gun and ran for another 1000 rounds flawlessly
  • I swapped to a P365XL Grip Module
  • At the 2200 round mark I started having failures to extract, about 1 in every 25-30 rounds
  • I ordered a new factory extractor which arrived but was different from my factory extractor, it would not fit
  • I began arguing with Sig who said the extractor I received was the latest updated extractor and would fit my slide. I informed them it was impossible for that part to fit without milling to the slide or filing of the extractor.
  • I replaced the recoil spring assembly just because, and shot another 300 rounds trying to get the gun to work with the old extractor but still had the same rate of failures. I did not want to send my gun in.
  • I finally sent the gun in, with the new extractor in a package, for Sig to install since I could not see anyway the new extractor would fit my slide
  • Sig turned my gun around in 26 hours.
  • My gun came back with my XL Grip module still installed (I thought they may balk at that and change it out) and a completely new Slide/Barrel/Extractor/Etc....they replaced the entire top end of the gun. The only thing left over that was mine was my grip module and fire control unit. Sig also installed back my aftermarket front sight.
  • I cleaned the gun upon receipt and have put 600 flawless rounds through it including 3 competitions, one of them dirty.
  • My FCU has 3100 rounds at this point, but my slide and barrel assembly only 600 since they are now new
I am guessing I was right...that extractor would not fit my slide, hence the reason for the new top end. In all, I am OK with the experience. The gun was running like a sewing machine until I had a part failure that Sig has obviously upgraded at this point. The gun was turned around to me in 26 hours, came back with my "aftermarket" accessories not only installed, but zeroed dead on (front sight) and the gun has been flawless since. It will be interesting to see if the gun will have any extractor failures once I reach 2k-2.5k on the new upgraded extractor. No other failure has ever come from the gun.

Thanks Sheepdog, and that reminds me:
Thought I would provide an update on my P365. All the backstory is in this thread but for the sake of brevity here is the cliff notes version.
  • Gun was a 9/18 build that I bought and pulled straight out of the case, with no cleaning and ran for 1000 rounds flawlessly
  • I then cleaned the gun and ran for another 1000 rounds flawlessly
  • I swapped to a P365XL Grip Module
  • At the 2200 round mark I started having failures to extract, about 1 in every 25-30 rounds
  • I ordered a new factory extractor which arrived but was different from my factory extractor, it would not fit
  • I began arguing with Sig who said the extractor I received was the latest updated extractor and would fit my slide. I informed them it was impossible for that part to fit without milling to the slide or filing of the extractor.
  • I replaced the recoil spring assembly just because, and shot another 300 rounds trying to get the gun to work with the old extractor but still had the same rate of failures. I did not want to send my gun in.
  • I finally sent the gun in, with the new extractor in a package, for Sig to install since I could not see anyway the new extractor would fit my slide
  • Sig turned my gun around in 26 hours.
  • My gun came back with my XL Grip module still installed (I thought they may balk at that and change it out) and a completely new Slide/Barrel/Extractor/Etc....they replaced the entire top end of the gun. The only thing left over that was mine was my grip module and fire control unit. Sig also installed back my aftermarket front sight.
  • I cleaned the gun upon receipt and have put 600 flawless rounds through it including 3 competitions, one of them dirty.
  • My FCU has 3100 rounds at this point, but my slide and barrel assembly only 600 since they are now new
I am guessing I was right...that extractor would not fit my slide, hence the reason for the new top end. In all, I am OK with the experience. The gun was running like a sewing machine until I had a part failure that Sig has obviously upgraded at this point. The gun was turned around to me in 26 hours, came back with my "aftermarket" accessories not only installed, but zeroed dead on (front sight) and the gun has been flawless since. It will be interesting to see if the gun will have any extractor failures once I reach 2k-2.5k on the new upgraded extractor. No other failure has ever come from the gun.
That's a really helpful report, thanks Burdy Burdy . Very interesting tidbit about the extractor.

I just got a Gray Guns straight trigger for my 365, which cmshoot cmshoot was kind enough to install for me. He did a great job, because you have to completely disassemble the gun FCG to get at the trigger. Looking forward to testing it for a few hundred rounds.

20B71789-80F8-4ADB-B854-B63CD1F3688A.jpeg

Thread resurrect...so I am gonna pic up a buddies P365 and then I am gonna grab an xl grip module and toss it on that. See how that works. Kinda like a g43x but sigs version haha

That's a really helpful report, thanks Burdy Burdy . Very interesting tidbit about the extractor.

I just got a Gray Guns straight trigger for my 365, which cmshoot cmshoot was kind enough to install for me. He did a great job, because you have to completely disassemble the gun FCG to get at the trigger. Looking forward to testing it for a few hundred rounds.

View attachment 2370137
How is that trigger working out?

01AFECAF-8B51-4C51-87C4-42116C7C4E21.jpeg
So I just ordered one of these od green xl modules to throw the standard 365 slide on. Kinda like a g43x but sig version haha. I like the grip of the xl module a good bit more that’s the standard frame and will always rock 12 rounders anyways. Already got my trex arms sidecar on order as well.

On a side note, anyone rocking a P365 with a Late April 2018 born on date? That’s the date on the one I’ve acquired. Hoping no issues with it. When I reached out to sig they said that the majority of the 2018 models are fine but a handful of em and internet rumors made it out to all of em being bad. Just curious any first hand experience here

So what's the date of last revision now? In other words, if I were to keep my eyes open for one, after what date of manufacture should I be aiming for (no pun intended)?

I know John personally and while he is one of the coolest guys you'll ever meet (he is in person just as he is on camera) he is fiercely loyal to the brands he's been running for years. That's guns, optics, NV etc. I'm basically saying it would take an act of God to pull him from Glock. This "review" for lack of a better word is far more indicative of how good the 365 is than what you might think considering who it's coming from.

He’s actually now running a P365 in a tier1 axis holster in one of his edc rigs instead of the 43 he would carry for smaller pistols. So there is that

Back
Top Bottom