• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock 43 vs p365 (anyone switch?)

Couple weeks ago was shooting with my Daughter. Shot about 6 mags through a 365, same through her 43, 6 more through a Spring EMP. I was by far best with the EMP, then the 365, then the 43. My daughter had same results. That's just me and her and she is a MUCH better shot than me. Just sayin.

Couple weeks ago was shooting with my Daughter. Shot about 6 mags through a 365, same through her 43, 6 more through a Spring EMP. I was by far best with the EMP, then the 365, then the 43. My daughter had same results. That's just me and her and she is a MUCH better shot than me. Just sayin.
Not surprising. 30% longer site radius and single action.

Yep made the switch...2 times actually. Both times the P365 failed. First one was middle of last year after the original new updates. Second one was about 2 months or so ago which had updated parts again. First one was solid until the 800 round mark and then things went down hill quick, starting getting all kinds of malfunctions. 2nd one had 4 malfunctions in first 300 rounds and I was out. It would run flawlessly with short round nose ammo but anything that was longer or longer hp ammo it had malfunctions, especially when it was ran hard. My brothers p365 did the exact same thing around the 1,000 round mark. I truly believe it is luck of the draw with these things. Oh and I sent the first one back to sig and still had problems. They also informed me that the recoil springs are only good for 1,500 rounds in the p365...my mouth hit the floor when they said that.

Yep made the switch...2 times actually. Both times the P365 failed. First one was middle of last year after the original new updates. Second one was about 2 months or so ago which had updated parts again. First one was solid until the 800 round mark and then things went down hill quick, starting getting all kinds of malfunctions. 2nd one had 4 malfunctions in first 300 rounds and I was out. It would run flawlessly with short round nose ammo but anything that was longer or longer hp ammo it had malfunctions, especially when it was ran hard. My brothers p365 did the exact same thing around the 1,000 round mark. I truly believe it is luck of the draw with these things. Oh and I sent the first one back to sig and still had problems. They also informed me that the recoil springs are only good for 1,500 rounds in the p365...my mouth hit the floor when they said that.
1500 rounds? That's like a new truck that needs the rear end replaced at 30,000 miles.

I have shot and owned the Shield, 43, and 365. I kept the shield for my bride, the 43 I found to be to small for my big hands. Now the P365 with a double stack mag and with the 12 rounds and 1 in chamber...Grip with the 12 round is perfect and fits nicely in the pocket. I did shoot dry silicone on the first several full loads..Runs like a champ, now to work on the PMR 30 feed issues. I think I will polish the feed ramp and dry silicone several full mags and see what happens..As far as the P365 I need to work on the trigger still has trigger creep..Will see.

The SIG operators manual says to replace springs at 2500 rounds. It is a $24.00 part, why would you not replace this on a dedicated carry gun? BTW - Glock in Smyrna recommends changing the spring in the G26 at 2500 - 3000 rounds. (It's around $18.00). No doubt some may need replacing sooner and others may run twice that but if you carry the gun then why chance it? It is a good idea to replace recoil springs and swap out old carry ammo religiously.

Back
Top Bottom