glock accidental discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.

gawoodsman

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
17   0
Reaction score
thought i would share this with everyone. my son came home from his second tour in iraq (he's a combat engineer) and bought himself a g19. shot it at the range and loved it. later that day we were in the kitchen, me, my son, my wife, my other son, my grandmother. standing by the table. my son and i were talking about the sights on the pistol and then he went to holster the weapon and somehow missed the holster and the gun fell to the floor and discharged a round. holy s**t. fortunatly, it happened to go out the open sliding glass door and into a picket on the deck handrail. i checked to make sure everyone was okay and my son picked up the pisol, unloaded it and took it straight to a gunsmith. he's supposed to call me and let me know what happened. has anyone else ever had to deal with this?

Wow! Glad no one was shot. Will be interesting to say what the smith says. Glocks normally will not fire when dropped.

WOW! Glad everyone is OK.

PLEASE do let us know what he finds out. I have 4 Glocks, love them and TRUST them implicitly. I've never heard of a Glock AD'ing. Now I had a Llama(more fool me) one that went off half cocked. Buy trash, expect trash I guess. But would never expect ANY issues from a Glock. Is he taking it to Glock directly?

Possibly tampered with by previous owner. Maybe they removed some pieces or something.
Maybe he'll get a free one!

Wow, glad everyone is ok. I'd take it to Glock in Smyrna. Just took mine there and they inspected/updated all internals for free.

Wow, glad everyone is ok. I'd take it to Glock in Smyrna. Just took mine there and they inspected/updated all internals for free.
X2, don't waste your time with a smith. Take it straight to Glock and they will take care of it if I had to guess.

Glad that no one was shot accidentally. I just got a G19, and I was smart. I had my new wife take mine to Glock yesterday for night sights and extended slide release. Slide release was free and she walked out with a new mag for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom