• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

glock accidental discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't but it did hence the conversation. Defective or not, its obviously possible so that doesnt give me much confidence in the design. Man, i really had my heart set on a gen4 23.

One guy dropping a gun without a full report hardly gives notice to a widespread issue or something that is "obviously possible". Keeping your booger picker out of the trigger guard prevents 100% of the issues. Let's face it that people screw up and 10 manual safeties wouldn't change that fact.

"Complacency leads to negligence and negligence kills." - SDH If we do not maintain our vigilance EVERY SINGLE TIME we handle a firearm something bad will eventually happen, regardless of the type of firearm. The reason we don't point guns at people unless we mean to is to prevent an erroneous round from going to a friendly.

I would bet my glock that he pulled the trigger while trying to catch it. It is not possible for a factory glock to fire unless the trigger is pulled.......unless....

Hey op, what kind of ammo was in the gun?

I would bet my glock that he pulled the trigger while trying to catch it. It is not possible for a facotory glock to fire unless the trigger is pulled.......unless....

Hey open, what kind of ammo was in the gun?

Thats what I was thinking. He said no though. I read a story of a cop who dropped his duty weapon... fumbled for it and it went off and cought him in the forehead. Better to just let it hit the ground.

it was blazer ball rounds. don't know what grain. just practice ammo

Tell your boy to inspect the remainder of the rounds in his mag. Look for high primers. This is the only way I could see it happening. The mechanics of it just aren't there for it to happen any other way. Even a modded glock would have to be modded beyond anything usable to make it happen, and even then, I don't see it happening unless by some chance the gun landed muzzle down.

It shouldn't but it did hence the conversation. Defective or not, its obviously possible so that doesnt give me much confidence in the design. Man, i really had my heart set on a gen4 23.

I wonder if the F.B.I., B.A.T.F.E., D.E.A., U.S. Customs, other gov't agencies, the majority of State & local Law Enforcement as well as most of the top firearms Instructors & trainers in the nation realize that they have such a bad weapon... after 25 years who would have thought they wouldn't have figured it out by now?

We need to start spreading the word.... anyone want to make me an offer on the 12 glocks that I have that have never given me a problem... some of which are used every week in classes that we're teaching?
I'll really discount the one that I have used & still use in classes as a loaner to students when their gun starts "choking & puking".
It only has a little over 30,000 rds.(at last count) thru it.
Crap, now I guess I'd better start all over.

(Kidding aside... the design is probably the most proven design out there due to the number of converts who originally set out to disprove it's worth who were unable to do so.)

There's a reason why virtually all of the top professionals carry this gun... it works.

I wonder if the F.B.I., B.A.T.F.E., D.E.A., U.S. Customs, other gov't agencies, the majority of State & local Law Enforcement as well as most of the top firearms Instructors & trainers in the nation realize that they have such a bad weapon... after 25 years who would have thought they wouldn't have figured it out by now?

We need to start spreading the word.... anyone want to make me an offer on the 12 glocks that I have that have never given me a problem... some of which are used every week in classes that we're teaching?
I'll really discount the one that I have used & still use in classes as a loaner to students when their gun starts "choking & puking".
It only has a little over 30,000 rds.(at last count) thru it.
Crap, now I guess I'd better start all over.

(Kidding aside... the design is probably the most proven design out there due to the number of converts who originally set out to disprove it's worth who were unable to do so.)

There's a reason why virtually all of the top professionals carry this gun... it works.

I was just thinking. I am confident enough in my Glocks to take any of them into a concrete room loaded and just start throwing them as hard as I can at the wall. The mechanics of an inertia caused discharge are just not there. Even with major parts malfunction, it is not mechanically possible.

You mean the 3 safeties that all Glocks have are not enough, not to mention the most important safety of them all..................your brain.?

You mean the 3 safeties that are ALL deactivated by pulling the trigger? Yes. Those 3. It's not my brain that I'm worried about...its errant snags, other's hands, so on and so forth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom