• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

glock accidental discharge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the F.B.I., B.A.T.F.E., D.E.A., U.S. Customs, other gov't agencies, the majority of State & local Law Enforcement as well as most of the top firearms Instructors & trainers in the nation realize that they have such a bad weapon... after 25 years who would have thought they wouldn't have figured it out by now?

We need to start spreading the word.... anyone want to make me an offer on the 12 glocks that I have that have never given me a problem... some of which are used every week in classes that we're teaching?
I'll really discount the one that I have used & still use in classes as a loaner to students when their gun starts "choking & puking".
It only has a little over 30,000 rds.(at last count) thru it.
Crap, now I guess I'd better start all over.

(Kidding aside... the design is probably the most proven design out there due to the number of converts who originally set out to disprove it's worth who were unable to do so.)

There's a reason why virtually all of the top professionals carry this gun... it works.

I guess you need the kind of training and practice these agencies require to keep from having an accident with your safe action glock. GREAT point!

New desantis intruder IWB holster. Not enough retention in the kydex. Was playing with my son and basically...well let's just say I did a disco move that involves pointing at the sky really fast. Anyway on my way past my Glock, I caught the rear sight with my fingers, ripping it out of the holster and throwing it about a foot above my head. It was embarassing to say the least.

haha! I can just picture you going disco in a walmart. Awesome.

I guess you need the kind of training and practice these agencies require to keep from having an accident with your safe action glock. GREAT point!

Actually old boy, I should think that all you need is to stop being a smarta$$ long enough to learn from those who know until you gain a little experience yourself. Give it a go eh?

Being the resident contrarian is getting old. Do you have a legitimate point to make? We get that the Glock isn't a highly advanced and ultra safe pistol like a Ruger.

haha! I can just picture you going disco in a walmart. Awesome.

Don't worry bud. I know a guy who dropped his 220 in a porta crapper at work. Cost him 100 bucks to get the pumper to come out early and pump the john, and 50 bucks in bleach before he would touch the gun again. I bought it off him for 200 bucks a few weeks later because he couldn't bring himself to carry it anymore. I actually swapped it on GON for a Glock 19. :)

Then how did it fire if the trigger was not pulled? The drop disengaged all three? Wow.

I don't know. Do you know for certain? Funny how defensive Glock folks are...it's kinda creepy...

If you look at the post i was responding to, that wasn't the topic to which I was I responding... I was responding to the following.

"You mean the 3 safeties that all Glocks have are not enough, not to mention the most important safety of them all..................your brain.?"

Last edited:

Actually, sarcasm aside, you are correct to a degree.
It is not a gun for an amateur or someone not willing to be very familiar with the manner in which it operates from a safety perspective.

New desantis intruder IWB holster. Not enough retention in the kydex. Was playing with my son and basically...well let's just say I did a disco move that involves pointing at the sky really fast. Anyway on my way past my Glock, I caught the rear sight with my fingers, ripping it out of the holster and throwing it about a foot above my head. It was embarassing to say the least.

How much did it cost you to buy the surveillance tape from the teenager who asked you if you had ever heard of "youtube"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom