• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock ad bugs me .....

Both eyes open and there is no need for that crazy crap.
tenor.gif

I have never been taught in any of the classes I have taken that, that shooting position was good for fast and accurate shots.
Are you cross eye dominate?

How about try sighting your pistol with both eyes open then close your dominate eye and see how the sight picture/sight alignment changes.
Then do the same and close your none dominate eye. Then keep both eyes open while you transition your pistol to your non dominant hand but keep it in the same position/alignment in reference to your body and try getting a good sight picture without adjusting your head.

Or spend 10 years and thousands of hours instructing and observe cross eye dominant individuals and their head alignment when shooting with both eyes open or their non dominate eye closed.

Either one will work.

Are you cross eye dominate?

How about try sighting your pistol with both eyes open then close your dominate eye and see how the sight picture/sight alignment changes.
Then do the same and close your none dominate eye. Then keep both eyes open while you transition your pistol to your non dominant hand but keep it in the same position/alignment in reference to your body and try getting a good sight picture without adjusting your head.

Or spend 10 years and thousands of hours instructing and observe cross eye dominant individuals and their head alignment when shooting with both eyes open or their non dominate eye closed.

Either one will work.

tenor.gif

Both eyes open and there is no need for that crazy crap.

There is for some shooters. I’ve worked with a lot of shooters over the years, with a wide range of vision issues. What works for one shooter doesn’t work for another, so cookie cutter statements don’t cut it.

Not only do you have a dominant eye, you have levels of dominance. For instance, my eyes are almost equal, but my right eye is slightly dominant. I can keep both eyes open and switch focus back and forth between my eyes. Other folks cannot shoot with both eyes open.

I have a set of drills that I use for folks with issues, figuring out what works for THEM. Running them with both eyes open using left eye focus and then right eye focus. Then I run them through the same drills with a closed eye, checking both.

I’ve had shooters that have proven to be faster and more accurate with one eye closed. Faster and more accurate beats just about everything, so that’s what I advise them to do. I’ve run that same scenario past Instructors like Ken Hackathorn and they agree.

I have never been taught in any of the classes I have taken that, that shooting position was good for fast and accurate shots.

You were never taught that because YOU didn’t need it. Why would an Instructor teach it to you if you shot fine the way you were? Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

The same cannot be said of other shooters, however.

I’ve never been taught to use a walker, but my Dad needs one.

Back
Top Bottom