• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Can??

jcountry

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
13   0
Reaction score
I am gonna get a couple of cans (finally.)

One thing I’d like to find would be a single can that would be pretty good at suppressing a G21 and maybe a G17.

Is it possible to get pretty good suppression on a 9 from a fan built for 45 like that?

Also, what barrels do y’all like for glocks w/suppressors?

Thx!

One thing I’d like to find would be a single can that would be pretty good at suppressing a G21 and maybe a G17.

Is it possible to get pretty good suppression on a 9 from a fan built for 45 like that?

Thx!

If budget is a concern you could definitely run a .45 cal can on a 9mm host. I couldnt tell you whats best since I havent researched cans in a long time but theres a lot out there. I have a AAC barrel I believe they contracted Stormlake for their barrels. Just be mindful of the thread pitch you plan on running. I prefer LH 13.5x1 but if you have American guns you plan on suppressing you might not be able to find a barrel for the gun in that pitch.

Thx!
New technology, kinda big I assume on a handgun tho

My Obsidian 45 lives on my Gen 4 Glock 19, in long configuration with the 9mm end cap. I can't compare decibel performance to other 9/45 cans, but I'm happy with it. It runs flawless, and blow-back is not an issue, it doesn't spit crap back in my face. I also use it on my Cz Scorpion, and sometimes on different 22 hosts.

I've had a couple end cap strikes, over 500-1000 rounds, possibly from loosening, or quick double taps and not lubing the piston good, definitely my fault though. Rugged sent me new end caps every time, they're customer service is unbelievable. My only complaint with the can is I wish the main baffle stack was keyed to the tube, aligning the main stack with the modular stack can be a PITA.

I use the Alpha Wolf barrel, it was on sale for $109 shipped, no complaints at all. I didn't feel like spending $200-300 for a barrel that I'm not going to notice a performance difference.

I run my Octane 45HD all the time on 9 and 22lr. 22lr is nasty though. Mainly a G17 I shoot suppressed with 147 subs. Even with the 45 end cap it is still very quiet.

Been hearing that some people suppress 300 blackout with a pistol type can. Anyone tried that?

My Obsidian on 8.5” 300blk, effing loud! I’d say borderline hearing safe. ~140 decibels on a 10.5" at the latest metering day, with FRP in the mid 140s. Which led me to purchasing a Sandman L.

9B5A682F-EE03-4BE2-8D8D-15A790BA9F76.jpeg

My Obsidian on 8.5” 300blk, effing loud! I’d say borderline hearing safe. ~140 decibels on a 10.5" at the latest metering day, with FRP in the mid 140s. Which led me to purchasing a Sandman L.

View attachment 1755431

I was thinking that seemed problematic.

The volume of gas and pressures would seem to be much greater.

Back
Top Bottom