• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock factory 33 round mag for vehicle/ practical usage

Redclay

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
77   0
Reaction score
I have a few 33 rounders laying around and I have been contemplating using one to keep in the truck for a backup mag. Do any of you guys use one in this application? Thoughts on their real world practicality? I usually have a 17 round mag with me and I'm thinking the extra ammo won't hurt just laying in my console.

Well every now and then I will use one in competition and I have noticed that I really can't hit anything without tons of focus on my end until I get down to about 20 rounds in the mag. I think it's the weight shift or something not real sure I have other friends that compete that have the same problem. I have pretty much deemed it stupid to use them anymore and just stick with standard mags.

I carry 2 15 rounders and 2 33 rounders in my bag at all times. It is probably overkill but rather have and not need versus need and not have.

Go 41rd mag or go home! :bounce:

IMG_9944.JPG

But seriously though... pretty impractical. I only have them for my AR9 PCC that I use in competition.

My daily carry is a 15rd mag and my spares are 17+2 mags. Plenty.

I've owned a number of Glocks and never felt I had the need for a 33rd mag. I'd rather have two 17 round mags than one 33rd. They are in the same ballpark as a 100 round AR or AK drum. Tacticool but not practicool

Back
Top Bottom