• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Gen 4 experienced shooters

I have about 17 years of Gen 3 Glock time under my belt. Number of rounds, who knows? I have been shooting an issued gen 4 17 for four years, got about 20,000 rounds through it. I don't run any back strap on it. The Glock Gen 4 has a pretty good built in beavertail in the frame without the addition of the M/L beavertail add on strap. The whole add on strap idea is a solution looking for a problem that doesn't exist for me. Any addition of any supplemental gear that hindered reloads or gun handling would be no go for me. As always, YMMV.

how about just not using the backstrap ? if it aint broke dont fix it, i would think the grip texture would be more of a risk of change and the mag release being different size.

Thats what i was planning, no back-strap put of the box which felt lile the ole Gen 3 minus the finger grips, felt fine and reloads anf drills were right in line.
The beaver tail felt great, I admit but widened the pistol and make it feek awkward.
I was just curious if it was worth the time adapting or sticking with what i was good at.

Sometimes it's never to late to change. But then again...
Thanks for the replies.
ID

Solution for a problem solved.
Thx

Yep, the new fangled switch out back straps and the beaver tail feel odd. Perhaps larger hands? left them in the box and transitioned over without a hiccup.

I did note the gen 4 double recoil spring seems to calm the recoil pulse a tad for follow ups/double taps on my son's G19.

Otherwise it's a Glock.

Back
Top Bottom