• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Gen 5/Glock in General Opinions

Recoil between a 19 & a 17 should be negligible... it's a 9mm. Besides, he's 6'1" & 220.... that's big enough to go bear hunting with a switch. I've got a daughter 5' nothing weighs about a buck 15, her nightstand gun is a G20, she shoots my 500 with full house loads. He can take it. Buy a gen3 19 before you spend $600 on an unknown. If you don't like lose $50 and start again. Half the fun of guns is sitting around telling folks about all the guns you've had!
Why Gen 3 and not Gen 4/Gen 5? What's the difference between Gens?

Your knowledge is quite helpful! Glock strikes me as the 1911 of striker-fired pistols. Fair statement? Sounds like I could customize the heck out of it.

Not so much yet with the Gen 5s. From what I've been seeing a lot of fairly basic parts have been changed. Gen 3 and 4s are like VW Beetles, make 'em into anything you want.

So here is a question - I have a gen2 21. I reload and bought a wolf barrel for the rifling in the barrel and the full support. So the Gen5 has the necessary cuts in the rifling, is it a fully supported barrel??

So here is a question - I have a gen2 21. I reload and bought a wolf barrel for the rifling in the barrel and the full support. So the Gen5 has the necessary cuts in the rifling, is it a fully supported barrel??

Gen 5 is only available in 9mm right now.

It would be hard to go wrong with any brand new 9mm Glock that feels good in his hands. Be advised that Glocks can be a little tricky to learn to shoot accurately. Many new right handed shooters will shoot low left. I can't overemphasize the importance of quality training and consistent practice, if the goal is to be competent with Glock. A really cheap way to get some good basic instruction on the fundamentals in a safe environment would be to join GSSF and come out to a match.

At 5' 11" I notice no difference in comparability between the 19 and 17. I chose a 17 for the extra capacity and sight radius.

I carry IWB and work where deep concealment is a must. Of course I carried an all steel full size 1911 IWB for years so the 17 is easy in comparison.

Paid $419 for mine shipped to my FFL. Heck of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You got me beat. I bought my daughter one for her birthday. Paid right at $450 out the door at Cherokee gun in Canton. Still waiting on the 2 extra free mags and ammo from the rebate.

Back
Top Bottom