• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Gen 5 vs all the rest...Gen 1-4

I picked up a 19x and do like the new trigger. I miss the finger grooves. I'm not a good enough shot to comment on if it is more accurate with the new barrel. It is a keeper though.

I really, really like finger grooves. There were some improvements to internals that could theoretically make the pistol more durable (redesigned trigger spring and slide lock), but the old pistols went tens of thousands of rounds without those breaking all the time. Marksman barrel is hype for the most part. I’ve got a Gen 3 that will do 2” off a rest all day. Have a very hard time getting under 3” at 25 yards offhand with a Glock no matter what kinda barrel is on it.

A recent Glock Report article said the GMB was an ‘order of magnitude’ better than older barrels, with witnessed reports of 1.81” groups. All I know is that’s not ‘an order of magnitude’ better than my Gen 3...

i.imgur.com_ySNY3PO.jpg

i.imgur.com_3acJgSB.jpg

i.imgur.com_ipwbqRu.jpg

The only limiting factor is, can you grip it in such a way that your booger hook goes perfectly straight back.

There was no need to make anymore generations after the 3rd. Seems the middle of the road is the one people like the best. While I'm not a glock guy I recently feel into a gen3 26 witch I'm tinkering with to become my EDC.

Back
Top Bottom