• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock IDPA qustion?!?

MarkyyDee

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   1
Reaction score
So today I was invited by a friend to attend my first IPDA match ( Watching him) at Governors Gun Club in powder springs. The environment was great. Literally everyone there was extremely friendly, so I've decided to give it a shot. I have a question in regards to the weapon and what category I would shoot in...The one option I have is to shoot with the G19 seeing as how I have a few, but I have a G17 gen 4 on the way and I typically have it cut down to accept standard G19 mags as well as stippled and finger grooves removed. I like the longer sight radius on the 17 but I like the grip length on the 19 so thats why I usually do that. My question is would both guns still fall under the same division or would it be two separate divisions? A few people mentioned about a box that the gun needs to fit in and I'm sure both will fit, Im just not sure if grip being modified makes a difference?!?

The 19 or 17 would both be in stock service pistol if they are unaltered. The grip mod on the 17 is going to push you up in classes to somewhere you do not want to be.
Just shoot the 17 before mods and find out if you like it.
If you love the sport it like most people you are going to want to get e 34.

Also consider... I shoot IDPA with exactly what I carry every day. That’s the point of IDPA, if you want to race in a gun game, shoot USPSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also consider... I shoot IDPA with exactly what I carry every day. That’s the point of IDPA, if you want to race in a gun game, shoot USPSA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I carry both, depends on how I'm feeling that particular day. Just was curious because I'm totally new to this. Appreciate the information though.

You can also shoot the 19 in CCP division (but not the 17). In CCP you can have aftermarket modifications (triggers, small magwells, Stipple jobs and such) but you are limited to 8 rounds.
You could shoot either in stock form in SSP division and have 10 round mags. In SSP you are going to be shooting against a bunch of G34s though.

I usually shoot my 19 in CCP, but have been shooting carry optics since they adopted it as a provisional division.

Back
Top Bottom