• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

***Glock in Smyrna no longer takes cash***

Would this bother you if you couldn't pay cash?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunfanman

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
47   0
Reaction score
In case anyone doesn't know, Glock Inc. in Smyrna apparently no longer accepts "cash" as a form of payment. Up until today, I have paid cash on three different trips to Glock to get night sights put on various guns from 2007 until 2015. Today, I was "refused service" (after a two hour drive to get there) when I went to pay with cash. The first gentleman I spoke to said that Glock doesn't accept cash. I said really? I have paid here before multiple times with cash and I thought this time would be the same. So, I was told to go get money order and come back (which I did). Once I got back a different gentleman greeted me at the door. I explain why I had returned etc. This second gentleman said, "yeah we never have taken cash." I said well I understand that is the policy now, thus I got a money order just now, but you use to take cash. He then basically called me a lair. He said, "well I've worked here for 7 years and we never take cash." This is flat not true. I have multiple Glock receipts that prove that I have paid with cash every time until today. What "errk's me" about this whole thing is gentleman number two's attitude. I have been a "Glockfanboy" since the mid 1990's. However, stuff like this is making me question future business. Espeically, when other company's that offer store front services will "take cash." BTW a different third gentleman than came in the "waiting area" said that Glock "will take cash if it is the exact amount", but their boss's don't like this because they have to stop what they are doing and get change from the secretary lady person...something to that effect. Glock if this is true that plan is not acceptable in my mind. I cannot understand why you give Glock your drivers license information, they get your tag number, and you fill out the form requesting service with your personal information.....why in the world with all that and all the security to get in....why would you not accept cash as a form of payment? All the other places in the world can take cash but you cannot? Can anyone else explain this to me?

In case anyone doesn't know, Glock Inc. in Smyrna apparently no longer accepts "cash" as a form of payment. Up until today, I have paid cash on three different trips to Glock to get night sights put on various guns from 2007 until 2015. Today, I was "refused service" (after a two hour drive to get there) when I went to pay with cash. The first gentleman I spoke to said that Glock doesn't accept cash. I said really? I have paid here before multiple times with cash and I thought this time would be the same. So, I was told to go get money order and come back (which I did). Once I got back a different gentleman greeted me at the door. I explain why I had returned etc. This second gentleman said, "yeah we never have taken cash." I said well I understand that is the policy now, thus I got a money order just now, but you use to take cash. He then basically called me a lair. He said, "well I've worked here for 7 years and we never take cash." This is flat not true. I have multiple Glock receipts that prove that I have paid with cash every time until today. What "errk's me" about this whole thing is gentleman number two's attitude. I have been a "Glockfanboy" since the mid 1990's. However, stuff like this is making me question future business. Espeically, when other company's that offer store front services will "take cash." BTW a different third gentleman than came in the "waiting area" said that Glock "will take cash if it is the exact amount", but their boss's don't like this because they have to stop what they are doing and get change from the secretary lady person...something to that effect. Glock if this is true that plan is not acceptable in my mind. I cannot understand why you give Glock your drivers license information, they get your tag number, and you fill out the form requesting service with your personal information.....why in the world with all that and all the security to get in....why would you not accept cash as a form of payment? All the other places in the world can take cash but you cannot? Can anyone else explain this to me?

DAYUM Man, you DO sound "Errked".....

giphy.gif

Don't be irked, it's no biggie....

So they don't want their employees handling cash. Who are you to question that?

They're not a retail business.

You should be happy they even take walk ins. You think other manufacturers do that?

What difference does it make when it happened?

Let it go.

Who are you to question why I question that? I understand they are not retail. I am (or was until now) glad they offer services for cash in the past. That is part of why I have been so loyal over the years. But telling me a lie about taking cash that I know for a fact is not true is not right. If you are gonna take payment for services, then my opinion is they should be "adult enough" to take cash. And if not that is fine it is their business. But, they did before.

Back
Top Bottom