• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock MHS unveiled

Lots of good handgun stuff comes out of military contracts. Browning's gift to mankind, the 1911, for instance!

Also, several changes/upgrades to the Beretta 92 series.

The SIG P226 was designed specifically to compete for the contract that Beretta ended up winning back in the 1980's.

The Beretta APX and FN 509 were developed with the most recent contract in mind.

Lots of good handgun stuff comes out of military contracts. Browning's gift to mankind, the 1911, for instance!

Also, several changes/upgrades to the Beretta 92 series.

The SIG P226 was designed specifically to compete for the contract that Beretta ended up winning back in the 1980's.

The Beretta APX and FN 509 were developed with the most recent contract in mind.

What Beretta did to the M9 with the development of the M9A3 is seriously over looked by many. Beretta took an existing product and with their own money updated to a modern standard. I still think there is some room for improvement in terms of adding provisions for an RDS but they seriously took a 37 year old design and brought it up to modern standards. Beretta claims the M9A3 would be less exspensive to produce than the M9 too.

The APX is a pretty good pistol. I just hope Beretta actually gets behind it and pushes it so it doesn't end up like the Nano or PX4 series did for years. The PX4 is a very, very, good gun and it only took Beretta 14 years to realize that. I wish Beretta paid more attention to the US market place. Unfortunately they make more money selling clothes so firearms is a second business at times it seems.

What Beretta did to the M9 with the development of the M9A3 is seriously over looked by many. Beretta took an existing product and with their own money updated to a modern standard. I still think there is some room for improvement in terms of adding provisions for an RDS but they seriously took a 37 year old design and brought it up to modern standards. Beretta claims the M9A3 would be less exspensive to produce than the M9 too.

The APX is a pretty good pistol. I just hope Beretta actually gets behind it and pushes it so it doesn't end up like the Nano or PX4 series did for years. The PX4 is a very, very, good gun and it only took Beretta 14 years to realize that. I wish Beretta paid more attention to the US market place. Unfortunately they make more money selling clothes so firearms is a second business at times it seems.

I had a Beretta PX4 .45ACP with "G" decocker. It was a fabulous pistol, I liked the rotary barrel lockup system.

I had a Beretta PX4 .45ACP with "G" decocker. It was a fabulous pistol, I liked the rotary barrel lockup system.

Beretta submitted the PX4 in .45 ACP in one of the earlier trials back in 2008 or 2009 sometime. It was an FDE model with an extended barrel and extended mags. That trial is how we got a lot of the new higher capacity .45s I believe.

I really wanted to not like the PX4 and I avoided buying one for years. A co-worker was going throughgs some hard times and offered to sell me his. I bought it and after a single range session realized what an idiot I had been. It is very accurate, trigger is pretty good and the rotary barrel does soften the recoil. I own a two PX4s now, a full size and an FDE compact. I am looking for a decent price on the PX4 Compact Carry. The APX is on my list too but I want a compact model.

Beretta submitted the PX4 in .45 ACP in one of the earlier trials back in 2008 or 2009 sometime. It was an FDE model with an extended barrel and extended mags. That trial is how we got a lot of the new higher capacity .45s I believe.

I really wanted to not like the PX4 and I avoided buying one for years. A co-worker was going throughgs some hard times and offered to sell me his. I bought it and after a single range session realized what an idiot I had been. It is very accurate, trigger is pretty good and the rotary barrel does soften the recoil. I own a two PX4s now, a full size and an FDE compact. I am looking for a decent price on the PX4 Compact Carry. The APX is on my list too but I want a compact model.

Mine was FDE. I actually won it at a match in Cherokee Co, had to wait for a long time to get the G model.

17 frame that takes G19 mags? It is a G19 in the picture.

Read the article linked above sir.

Also Glock has confirmed they do not intend to offer this gun to the public. :(

From the article linked above

"While the contract was for 9mm Glock also produced a Glock 23 MHS model in 40 S&W. Unlike other participants in the competition Glock only submitted one pistol rather than a full size and then a compact. The Glock 19 MHS has a Glock 17 frame with lanyard hole on the base of the grip as well as a flared magwell. The slide is from a Glock 19. Of course, the frame was shortened to accommodate the model 19 slide."

Back
Top Bottom