• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock or not to Glock this is the question!

Mag compatibility is kind of an okay feature. I don't really care to use 33 rounders in a pistol though. It throws off the balance of the pistol and my arms start getting tired. I don't really care to use 17 rounders in a carbine either. It's comparatively low capacity and those magazines should be with your pistol. Now that we got that part out of the way, I greatly prefer a polymer single stack pistol for carry because 1) lighter, 2) cheaper, 3) more capacity, 4) slimmer 5) greater availability of defense loads, and 6) handles humidity better. There are more reasons to get one than not get one.
I say get a polymer single stack pistol for carry, but dont just get a Glock because "mag compatability."

Interesting pistol. Just read an article on it. Is the ammo readily available?

Yes, you can get it. No disrespect to your age but I had a guy who had health problems and was older tell me it was the easiest thing for him to carry. Lightweight, holds many rds, just easy to use. I'm definitely interested in getting one

My son has one, yes ammo is available, costs more than 9mm.
Good shooting, lightweight gun, but it is a real flame thrower. Huge muzzle flash.
Costs more than twice as much as a Glock.

Reactions: Nat
There are handguns that may be as good, some may fit your hand better, yada yada, but a $500 Glock is as good of a defensive handgun as you can get. Its as reliable as anything, and more reliable than most. I'm not a fan boy, but I am a fan. I have this "thing" for guns that work when you need them most.

There are handguns that may be as good, some may fit your hand better, yada yada, but a $500 Glock is as good of a defensive handgun as you can get. Its as reliable as anything, and more reliable than most. I'm not a fan boy, but I am a fan. I have this "thing" for guns that work when you need them most.
I've be persuaded and am in the market for a G19, just have find new homes for a few of mine to fund it.

Don't be afraid of saving a hundred bucks by buying a used Glock....all of mine were pre-owned. Little drive over to the factory in Smyrna, drop off the gun at 11 am, go have lunch, come back and they have totally gone thru the pistol, replacing any worn/tired parts, possibly swapped magazines to new ones, test fired it and its good as new.....for NO CHARGE. Its a no brainer.

I took a buddy's Gen 2 G19 over that had stopped working, they replaced everything except the frame, slide and barrel....all new internal parts, swapped his old magazines for new Gen 4 versions...he was VERY happy.

Living here in Georgia, there is no option, buy a used Glock for $400 and go for it.

Great advice if you are open to buying a used one. Just make sure you don't buy one that has been Bubba'd, but either way Glock will fix it.

I have been carrying a G22 going on 3 years and it was a LEO trade in. Paid $299 at AO way back when. Its a fantastic gun!

Great advice if you are open to buying a used one. Just make sure you don't buy one that has been Bubba'd, but either way Glock will fix it.

I have been carrying a G22 going on 3 years and it was a LEO trade in. Paid $299 at AO way back when. Its a fantastic gun!
I don't mind picking up a used one, just can't seem to find someone interested in what I have to trade/sell at this time.

Back
Top Bottom