• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock or not to Glock this is the question!

Still hunting one. I have to thin out a couple of my revolvers to pick one up. No one is trading so I'll have be patient. I'm going to set my sights, pun not intended, on the G19 and later pick up a Keltec 2000 Gen2 carbine that also accepts the 19mags. This is my goal for now. Great info coming in, lot of it I did not know. I'll use it all in making my decision on one.

Most ranges that rent guns will have several glocks to rent

Try before you buy
They are ugly. But they are reliable

My father was with the Georgia DNR as a ranger for34 years

He was involved in their testing of semi autos when they were looking a switching over from revolvers

They included full size semi autos from every major manufacturer
In some severe tests

Dragging them behind a pickup truck for several miles
Burying them in mud for several days
Submerging them in seawater for several days
Dropping them from a helicopter

The glock was the only pistol that fired every time after every test

They would pull it out after being buried in a bucket of mud and silt for a week
Remove the mag , Lock the slide back and slosh it around in a bucket of fresh water
ReInsert a loaded mag and pull the trigger

Only the glock passed The buried in saltwater and sand for a week test
The rest were permanently ruined and most of them you could not even rack the slide after being in salt water for a week

A couple of them even discharged when dropped from a helicopter onto a parking lot , but not the glock
they were all loaded with blanks for the tests

My Kahr 9 is very picky about the Ammo
It only works on factory Ammo

My glock eats anything , cheap low quality factory reloads that you buy in the freezer bags at a gun show will jam my Kahr
But the glock loves em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nat

Try before you buy

He was involved in their testing of semi autos when they were looking a switching over from revolvers

In some severe tests

They would pull it out after being buried in a bucket of mud and silt for a week
Remove the mag , Lock the slide back and slosh it around in a bucket of fresh water

The rest were permanently ruined and most of them you could not even rack the slide after being in salt water for a week

A couple of them even discharged when dropped from a helicopter onto a parking lot , but not the glock

My glock eats anything , cheap low quality factory reloads that you buy in the freezer bags at a gun show will jam my Kahr
But the glock loves em

Thank you sir for the information. I'm looking forward to becoming a Glock owner.

IMG_2131.JPG
IMG_4599.JPG
IMG_4779.JPG
IMG_4780.JPG

Try before you buy

In some severe tests

But the glock loves em

I think my glocks are purty!

Maybe just keep strokin' your J frame...
I'm going to have to with the retail prices here at the ODT retail outlet, where you can get a base Gen. 3 for a mere $500. Only 5rnds through it including the ''one '' fired at the factory. Original factory stippling! No box or docs....one mag I'll let another one go for $25.

I guess I'm gonna have to be the turd in the punch bowl here.

I've got no love for the G19. The grip is too short and the finger grooves don't line up right for my hand.

My EDC is a G17. It's no thicker than the G19, so it feels the same when carried IWB. The extra grip length is no problem to hide and it fits my hand perfectly. Plus, you get two extra rounds over the G19.

cant go wrong with a glock

go rent one at a range and see how you like it,

if you have small hands, a glock might not be comfortable,
I have little girl hands and I prefer a single stack , I have a Kahr K-9
and a J frame clone, a Charter Arms snubby

my son always wanted a 1911, till he rented a 1911 and a Glock ,
he couldnt hit anything with the 1911 but the glock was easy for him to hit the target everytime.

I finally bought one, it just spoke to me
95db49429190429d4b08e77d8a9fad14.jpg

Would be interesting to see prosecuting attorneys response to this.

I
Been carrin' a revolver, J frame, the whole of my life ( I'm 58 this month ) and am entertaining the idea of carrin' a semi auto. There are those of you that stroke your Glocks and think they're the best thing since the wheel. I'm ok with that. The only reason that I can think of for me to purchase one is their mags are compatible to a few of the 9mm carbines on the market today and I hear a light carry, as in weight. That's a plus+. I'm leaning towards a 9mm platform. I'm not concerned so much with frame size as I do not tuck anymore. So Glock or not to Glock is my question.
What say ya'll and thank you for your input.
T'S ALL WHAT YOU HAVE CONFIDENCE IN. YOU MUST TRUST IT 100%,IT'S YOUR LIFE

Reactions: Nat
Back
Top Bottom