• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock or sig?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never held a p238. I have a glock 43 and I have grown to love it. However I don't find it an option for pocket carry if that's what you mean by deep cover.

I've owned both of those and out of the two I'd go with the 43 just because I prefer 9mm to .380.

Having said that, I sold both of them and currently carry an M&P Shield in 9mm. Awesome pistol IMHO. Carries like a subcompact and shoots like a full size. Love it.

I've owned both of those and out of the two I'd go with the 43 just because I prefer 9mm to .380.

Having said that, I sold both of them and currently carry an M&P Shield in 9mm. Awesome pistol IMHO. Carries like a subcompact and shoots like a full size. Love it.

I ended up going with a Shield with the Crimson Trace laser. I think it may turn out to be my favorite carry gun as well. I have been to the range twice with it and it shoots great. I shoot it better than I did my 43. I have always carried Glocks since thats what I carry on duty. I had a G43 but I could just never make myself like it . The Shield is the perfect size and capacity for a back up gun and it is similar enough to the Glock that I don't think there will be any muscle memory issues. I did get one with the safety but I am carrying it with the safety off. The way it is designed I doubt it could get flipped to the up position on accident. Now I just need to figure out what upgrades to do to it. I am thinking night sights first.

I ended up getting a 43, I haven't carried it as my back up for work just yet since I've been in a training class all week, but felt fairly comfortable in the inside the vest holster I got for it.

I ended up going with a Shield with the Crimson Trace laser. I think it may turn out to be my favorite carry gun as well. I have been to the range twice with it and it shoots great. I shoot it better than I did my 43. I have always carried Glocks since thats what I carry on duty. I had a G43 but I could just never make myself like it . The Shield is the perfect size and capacity for a back up gun and it is similar enough to the Glock that I don't think there will be any muscle memory issues. I did get one with the safety but I am carrying it with the safety off. The way it is designed I doubt it could get flipped to the up position on accident. Now I just need to figure out what upgrades to do to it. I am thinking night sights first.

I got the one with the safety too... on purpose. I like the idea of an additional safety and grew up shooting 1911s so I'm already pre-programmed to sweep off the safety as I draw it.

I love the grip and grip angle of the Shield. Very accurate for its size.

As for upgrades, I've added a set of TruGlo TFX sights, full Apex trigger kit and some rubber Talon grip tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom