• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Questions

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
ok- looking for you Glock experts out there. I have a question about gen 3, gen 4 and now gen 5 guns.

Does Glock currently make all three generations and will they continue to produce and distribute gen 3, 4 and 5 guns? Or will they eventually run out of supply of Gen3 and Gen 4 guns and only produce gen 5 guns? What does future look like for supply of gen 3 and gen 4 guns and parts?

I would imagine they will stop producing the gen 3 first at some point but I have no idea when that will be. They no longer produce gen 1 or 2 Glocks so it's not unlikely gen 3 and possibly 4 will go at some point

Even if they do stop making Gen3 and Gen4 guns, you should still be able to get parts for them for a long time. Probably forever.

Buy whatever gen you like best and don't sweat it.

At this point I can't see Glock stopping any production, but I could certainly be wrong. There are still loads of gen 3 fans, and I am among them.
Yeah they would be crazy to stop Gen3 production.

Of course they stopped making RTF2 guns, so they've proven that they'll do crazy things. LOL

Reactions: MRH
They'll probably keep the Gen 4's going because they are designed for .40, 357sig, 45gap, and 45acp. I can't imagine Glock only producing a 9mm handgun.
This!
The Gen 5 is a single pin 9mm platform only at this point. No way Glock is going to stop making all calibers except the 9mm. If the Gen 5 doesn't outsell the Gen 3/4 9mm platforms there is probably a better chance the Gen 5 will go away before the Gen 3/4, lol, but I suspect they will all be around for a very long time.

If i understand correctly what i was told, Gen5 will be 9mm only forever..? If so I would guess that once the G5 is in the market for a bit and all the IM-perfections are worked out, then theyll make other formats. Isnt that what they did starting off?

Back
Top Bottom