• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock triggers. Need your Opinion and experience. Pyramid trigger

Think I'm gonna send it back. Heard to many stories that all have the same outcome, short strikes and not reliable. Think I'm just gonna go with ghost connector and stock trigger. Or Apex setup.
You’d be silly to do anything less than a 5# striker spring in a Glock on a defensive handgun for the sake of saving a few ounces on the trigger pull weight. Heck… I don’t know if even stray from the stock 5.5# spring.

That’s the best part of the new Timney triggers… they give you a great pull weight… with stock springs. I run one in my USPSA G34. Sadly, they haven’t indicated if they’ll be making them for the slimline guns.

Attachments

• 3A276CE0-930B-44ED-B90D-C725920065F1.jpeg
    3A276CE0-930B-44ED-B90D-C725920065F1.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 4
Back in March I ordered a Pyramid trigger from the glockstore for my 43x mos. I just received this trigger (September) the hold up was the trigger bars. Now that I have it I'm not sure I want to install it. The reasons, I want to leave the trigger all stock because it's a carry gun. So, those of you with experience with a pyramid trigger, should I use it? I have read that the adjustment screw may work it's way out, which can lead to AD. Which loctite should fix. Is this something that anyone has experienced? What is the better trigger for this platform, if there is one for the 43xmos?
Install it. Shoot it. If you don't like it or it fails, remove it and put the glock guts back in. It's probably the most simple handgun trigger to swap in and out.

Think I'm gonna send it back. Heard to many stories that all have the same outcome, short strikes and not reliable. Think I'm just gonna go with ghost connector and stock trigger. Or Apex setup.
The light firing pin springs are what causes the light strikes. Don't try to shave off pull weight with the firing pin spring.

That said. A glock trigger is a glock trigger. They can only be so good. The best I have had is the new Timney, but to call it a great trigger is a stretch. Great for a glock trigger? Sure. A great trigger? Absolutely no.

You’d be silly to do anything less than a 5# striker spring in a Glock on a defensive handgun for the sake of saving a few ounces on the trigger pull weight. Heck… I don’t know if even stray from the stock 5.5# spring.

That’s the best part of the new Timney triggers… they give you a great pull weight… with stock springs. I run one in my USPSA G34. Sadly, they haven’t indicated if they’ll be making them for the slimline guns.
I know Timney is my fav. I hope they do someday. I called them a month ago asking about them once I shot my buddy's (his is unbelievable to say the least) they said they do not make them at this time. You are 100% correct about the 5.5 spring all day in a gun EDC in my opinion.

The light firing pin springs are what causes the light strikes. Don't try to shave off pull weight with the firing pin spring.

That said. A glock trigger is a glock trigger. They can only be so good. The best I have had is the new Timney, but to call it a great trigger is a stretch. Great for a glock trigger? Sure. A great trigger? Absolutely no.
It doesn’t do much for take up or reset distance… but sub-3# with factory springs is a win in my book. Their use of a sear to drop the striker is ingenious. Really the only “revolutionary” Glock trigger out there. Everyone else is just different connector geometry and springs.

It's been several years since I installed pyramid triggers in several Glocks. Two of them failed within a year - click but no boom.

I decided to just go back to stock Glock triggers and have not looked back.

This was 4 or 5 years ago, so maybe they have improved in recent years, but I'm done with them.
They haven’t changed, they suck . I had 2 failed as well , in my experience Glock factory trigger is the most reliable, , most triggers don’t even make the gun all that great, if I want something with a light nice crisp trigger I’ll be looking at a different platform.

Back
Top Bottom