• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glock Vs. HK, No Compromised Perfection!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWSharpshooter

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
563   0
Reaction score
Looks like we have a couple of guns to do some torture testing. I couldn't find anybody with an HK willing to either put it to the test or drive to CCW's range, so I broke down and bought myself an HK so we could get this done once and for all. I will be providing both guns for the test, CCW will be providing the range and camera.

The guns to be tested are:

1. My EDC 3rd Generation Glock 19. This gun has several thousand rounds through it, and will be completely stock other than night sights for the testing.

2. HK P30L V3 9mm. As far as I know this gun is also completely stock and also has night sights. Stonewall or Klarkx please chime in if you know something about this gun that I don't since you have both owned it.

Testing will be completed at CCW's outdoor range at a date to be set.

Testing will consist of the following

1. Totally degrease gun removing all lube and oil.
2. Bury gun.
3. Dig up and fire.
4. Place gun in 5 gallon bucket and cover with play sand.
5. Dig up and fire.
6. Place gun back in sand and add water and mix.
7. Dig up and fire.
8. Place back on top of mud mixture and dump 5 lbs of diatomaceous earth on top of it
9. Dig up and fire.
10. Place gun back in diatomaceous earth/mud bucket, add water to make mud. Mix well.
11. Dig out and fire.
12. Repeat diatomaceous earth test with canister of table salt.
13. Repeat all tests with slide locked back.
14. Time for clean up! Toss in lake and drag back.
15. Remove and fire.
16. Repeat lake test with slide back.
17. With no cleaning or lube, run 100 rounds through gun as fast as you can after all other testing.

Winner will be the gun with the fewest malfunctions.

Diatomaceous earth will be used because I can think of nothing finer to gunk up the gun. I fully expect the diatomaceous earth to cause problems. Once testing is complete, video will be uploaded to my Youtube channel and posted here for everyone to see the results.

If you have any suggestions for testing, please let me know in this thread. The HK P30L will be cleaned up after testing and listed here on the forum for trade. I will begin accepting trade offers now ;)

Last edited:
Please tell me you are going to at least verify that the muzzle is clear before you fire these... I know the cartoon with the finger in the barrel is fiction, but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom