• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Glocks...uppers for sale?

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
So I see a few Glock uppers ( slide, barrel, recoil spring etc. ) pop up for sale here now and then. And there are a ton for sale elsewhere like eBay. I don't understand the price that these are listed for. Usually you see them for $400+

I can buy a new complete Glock for a little over $500 at just about any store and that's a new complete gun with three mags . I can buy complete used Glocks here on ODT regularly from $380-$450, why would I buy just a slide barrel for $400? what am I missing?

What would you do with a spare complete upper, besides a caliber conversion?

Second question: what are they doing with the lower? Putting it on a magtech upper? Or full custom slides and barrels?

Honestly I am not trying to degrade those that are selling these slides....I am just really curious.

Caliber conversion is all I can think of.

I know you can buy an 80% Glock lower and finish it, but by the time you buy the lower, the lower parts and the upper parts, you'll have more in the gun than you would've spent on a complete factory-built Glock.

I know you can buy an 80% Glock lower and finish it, but by the time you buy the lower, the lower parts and the upper parts, you'll have more in the gun than you would've spent on a complete factory-built Glock.
I wonder if people bought the 80% kits and the factory upper you can buy at places like midway and realized they were in over their heads.

its all completely for ghost guns. and it may end up being more expensive for one over here but I would bet its cheaper than getting one in certain states. also think of all of those that arnt allowed to own one but can order the slide and 80% lower with zero background checks.

So I see a few Glock uppers ( slide, barrel, recoil spring etc. ) pop up for sale here now and then. And there are a ton for sale elsewhere like eBay. I don't understand the price that these are listed for. Usually you see them for $400+

I can buy a new complete Glock for a little over $500 at just about any store and that's a new complete gun with three mags . I can buy complete used Glocks here on ODT regularly from $380-$450, why would I buy just a slide barrel for $400? what am I missing?

What would you do with a spare complete upper, besides a caliber conversion?

Second question: what are they doing with the lower? Putting it on a magtech upper? Or full custom slides and barrels?

Honestly I am not trying to degrade those that are selling these slides....I am just really curious.

ghost guns. if you cant own one or they are expensive in your state. this is the way around it

I wonder if people bought the 80% kits and the factory upper you can buy at places like midway and realized they were in over their heads.
Or bought the complete kit, screwed up the 80% lower and then sold the rest of the parts to recoup some of their money.

Ghost guns for some of our more restrictive states?
Possibly, but Glocks have serial numbers on the slide and barrel too, so it couldn't be a real ghost gun unless you removed those

I don't know about other states, but in GA it's illegal to remove a factory serial number from something. Not just gun parts, but ANYTHING that has a serial number.

Back
Top Bottom