• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gmc/chevy tech. Help

carlton wright

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
333   0
Reaction score
Any gmc guys out there I need alittle help. I have a 2000 s10 and I have a 5 pin connector coming from my ignition I can't find it on any diagram I need to know where it should plug in. Mine has been cut it's purple blue black orange and pink.
20170506_122943.jpg

Attachments

• 20170506_122937.jpg
    20170506_122937.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 21
It seems to all work . The two wires in the wire but are from that connector . The only thing is it will start with any key and run with no key in it . The pass lock system should not allow that. I am going to replace the igntion lock cylinder and need this to be right. I see it coming down from the ignition harness there is another 3 peice bigger connector. Then this one I think it connects somewhere by drivers side fuse box but don't know I want to wire it back right and out a new igntion switch/ lock in it. I just need to know where it goes . Gm doesn't seem to know or won't tell me . And the 500 wiring diagrams i have looked at don't show it .I also looked at every connector on rockauto it's not there . I have seen dozens of YouTube videos the closet thing the guy said this connects over here you will have to unplug it but didn't show it really good . As to where it went or even what it was for sure but it came out of this harness and had to be it . With the location of the cut ground that has to be where it is grounded

Ground by fuse panel that's been cut. The back up lights dont work .
20170506_122953.jpg
The only code it's showing now is shoft soliode b stuck off or proformance. I changed both shift solenoids. Maybe a grounded wire or something stuck in valve body .I hope not .If the neutral safty switch isn't right can it throw that code.

is it possible that the ignition column is from another model? thus 5 pin connector would not have a spot to go?? chances are it was just an ole fashion "hot wiring"

The grounding location that has half a ground matches it to well and it comes down with the rest of the harness so well. It has the factory igntion because the key unlocks the door too but then again any key will start it .

Back
Top Bottom