• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

God loves him some Dobbs

Yeah, I know...I should. Try to work that out, soon. Also, river trip, or no?

As to Calvinism, it's a subset of Christianity. The majority of Christians fall across two party lines, although they may not see it that way themselves. Armenians and Calvinists. The easiest way to identify and distinguish them is that Armenians believe that Christ's sacrifice was an open invitation and that the choice was then left up to the individual whether or not they would accept it as a gift. Calvinists believe that Christ's sacrifice was limited in scope and that, in fact, he did not die for everyone so much as for a group that has come to be known as the elect. Even more simply Armenians are the "free will" people, Calvinists are the "predestination" people. It's a little bit like inside baseball from the outside, but once in the faith, the subtle differences make the biggest changes.

Well said....objective, clear and succinct. I have a difficult time in explaining this myself

Well said....objective, clear and succinct. I have a difficult time in explaining this myself
One of my thesis papers was on the atonement, specifically its scope and intended target. Wherever you end up on the scope of salvation will immediately inform your views on the impartation and imputation of divine grace. In my early 20's I found that my view of salvation didn't fit with what I saw in creation of the impartation of Grace. It led me down a more, shall we say, reformed path and landed me where I am today. If I am able to speak objectively about the issue at all, it is because I wrestled with it for many years.

As to Calvinism, it's a subset of Christianity. The majority of Christians fall across two party lines, although they may not see it that way themselves. Armenians and Calvinists. The easiest way to identify and distinguish them is that Armenians believe that Christ's sacrifice was an open invitation and that the choice was then left up to the individual whether or not they would accept it as a gift. Calvinists believe that Christ's sacrifice was limited in scope and that, in fact, he did not die for everyone so much as for a group that has come to be known as the elect. Even more simply Armenians are the "free will" people, Calvinists are the "predestination" people. It's a little bit like inside baseball from the outside, but once in the faith, the subtle differences make the biggest changes.
Yeah man on the river trip say when I'll make time.
On Calvinism: Duuuude.... Deep

One of my thesis papers was on the atonement, specifically its scope and intended target. Wherever you end up on the scope of salvation will immediately inform your views on the impartation and imputation of divine grace. In my early 20's I found that my view of salvation didn't fit with what I saw in creation of the impartation of Grace. It led me down a more, shall we say, reformed path and landed me where I am today. If I am able to speak objectively about the issue at all, it is because I wrestled with it for many years.
Man, this makes so much sense to me. It's like you're chosen and better than everyone else. I have felt this way my whole life.
Also, this is pretty much Harry Potter, poor kid, no skills, best at everything

That's not very Christian-like.
I'm playing man. Your mother jokes are the most innocuous thing ever. No one on earth thi ks I know anything of anyone's mother or would say it as an actual attack against anyone's mother.
Maybe I posted something up that had something about God in the wrong forum. Sorry I was drinking.
Anyhow, it was meant more that I am not a particularly religious man but I do appreciate what I have been given by whatever means it arrived to me.

Back
Top Bottom