• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gods Rods

Guthrie

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
So Gods Rods or Rods from God as I've also heard them called are supposedly titanium or tungsten telephone poles that can be dropped precisely as a kinetic energy weapon from space. Y'all think they're real?

Been used in Sci Fi books for years. Just good old rocks can do the same thing as long as they are big/dense enough to make it to Earth from orbit without burning up.

Check out the book Footfall by the authors of Lucifer's Hammer (One of the BEST books ever)

Didn't one of the Call of Duty/Ghosts video games have this as the core scenario?

The Space Shuttle was funded by DOD money, it had a cargo bay big enough to fit a school bus in. In the published photos, they show it launching little satellites the size of a washing machine. Hmmm, kind of overkill for those little payloads... Also, the DOD had (has?) it's own shuttle launching facility in California, for polar orbit launches. Not much talk about that. I think Reagan got his Star Wars program done.

The Space Shuttle was funded by DOD money, it had a cargo bay big enough to fit a school bus in. In the published photos, they show it launching little satellites the size of a washing machine. Hmmm, kind of overkill for those little payloads... Also, the DOD had (has?) it's own shuttle launching facility in California, for polar orbit launches. Not much talk about that. I think Reagan got his Star Wars program done.
Now thats some food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom