• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going electric to sneak around hunting property.

Kman

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Trying to escape from Atlanta!!
279   0
Reaction score
I love atvs and especially polaris vehicles. I haven't had one since I started hunting again a few years ago. I definitely can't swing a new electric atv from Polaris, so a golf cart build will have to do. When I sit in my stand, I can hear every hunter around our lease come and go like clock work. I'm hoping by keeping noise to a minimum I'll spook less deer. This cart has a dump bed payload of 800lbs and a gross passenger/cargo rating of 1300lbs. I'll be able to fill feeders no problem. The cart is a Yamaha commercial Adventurer 2. This cart in no way will come close to the off road ability of an atv. Does anyone use electric and do you think it makes any difference sneaking around during hunting season?

I have long ago decided not to worry about vehicles on land. Most deer get used to hearing them if you are near farms or are regularly on your lease riding. I have come up on many deer during that time ,and had them just stand there and look at me. Until I stood up, they did not run.

I have long ago decided not to worry about vehicles on land. Most deer get used to hearing them if you are near farms or are regularly on your lease riding. I have come up on many deer during that time ,and had them just stand there and look at me. Until I stood up, they did not run.

Sometimes I think when I arrive at the lease during the season and close my vehicle door, every deer for a mile radius runs for the hills. Timber leases in Georgia have the most paranoid deer in the US or close to it!!

I tend to agree. I hunt within 500 yards of Hiway 54 and a intersection. It seems every Harley rider pegs the tach and the deer rarely even look. That being said quieter would seem better

We have a golf cart at our property and I'll admit, it's really nice to cruise the trails in silence. The main reason I like it is the peacefulness. That said, we use ATV's to do all of out work and to get to our stands. My buddy and I hunt the most remote area of our property and it's 3-5 miles from any main road. One year, they were clearing trees on the property adjacent to us and it sounded they were building a skyscraper. The deer couldn't have cared less. Keep in mind, this is farmland, not uninhabited forest land.

My uncle fell from a tree stand back in '94 and broke his back. He was paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life, but he hunted for 19 more years, all while sitting in an electric golf cart, and killed more big bucks than he did when he could walk.

Electric doesn't smell, like gas operated vehicles, and they are quiet. Very quiet, in fact. They are also made for golf courses and will go up and down large hills easily. I have used one myself for over 20 years. To get me within 1/2 mile of my hunting area, there is nothing better.

image.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom