• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to give it a shot! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

Yeah handle one a while before you decide. I always loved the feel and heft of the 229.
That was until I traded into a 226 Tacops, that I was going to try to trade for a nice 229.

After handling it some at home I realized it felt better and it “pointed” better than any gun I’ve ever owned. Even thought it’s a bigger gun than the 229 it fits slimmer and just as easy to carry.
Carry a plain Jane 226 now and I love it. Shoots for me better than any gun I’ve ever owned in 9mm, .357sig or .40. I’ve got barrels for all three for my two 226s and my 239.

I trust Glock, but I shoot Sig much better.
I agree. I've got them all and then some. My carry is a Tysons Corner SIG 225. I'm the second owner

Don't rule out the P226 SAO Legion. I sold all my hammer fired guns many years ago because I prefer the striker fire trigger. I was at Stoddards shooting my P320rx and the guy in the lane next to my was shooting a P226rx Extreme. He wasn't using the red dot and I was curious so I asked him why he was using the iron sights and not the red dot. He couldn't hit point of aim and his groups were large. I offered to sight the red dot in for him so he let me shoot it. Only took a few rounds and I was hooked. I got the red dot sighted in and he was loving it. Said he was regretting the $1400 he spent on the gun till I got the red dot sighted in.

So now I was on the hunt for a P226 and after much research I decided on the P226 Legion SAO. I didn't know Sig made a SAO gun till my search. I read to many post from people that were saying they got the DA/SA then shot the SAO and wished they had gone with the SAO. The DA/SA has standard trigger components with a grey guns trigger, the SAO has highly polished trigger components and a flat face trigger made by Sig that is installed and tuned at the Sig custom shop.

I bought mine on Sigs LEO program from Gulf State Distributors in Mobile Alabama. I paid $999.00 for the gun and $30 overnight shipping.

Now Sig offers the Legion in a rx model. I'm going to send mine off to have the slide cut for a red dot.

Almost forgot to add that I carried a P229r on duty for 11 years and hated that gun. Being short made it feel heavier and it was low capacity (12 rounds) and the grip just didn't feel right, it felt short and fat. My P226 is perfect and Sig list the P226 Legion as being .4oz lighter than the P229 Legion. Mec-Gar makes 18 round flush fit magazines for the P226 as well to replace the factory 15 round magazines made by Mec-Gar and Check mate.

If you want to shoot my P226 Legion SAO at Stoddards we can do that, I'm there every week.

Don't rule out the P226 SAO Legion. I sold all my hammer fired guns many years ago because I prefer the striker fire trigger. I was at Stoddards shooting my P320rx and the guy in the lane next to my was shooting a P226rx Extreme. He wasn't using the red dot and I was curious so I asked him why he was using the iron sights and not the red dot. He couldn't hit point of aim and his groups were large. I offered to sight the red dot in for him so he let me shoot it. Only took a few rounds and I was hooked. I got the red dot sighted in and he was loving it. Said he was regretting the $1400 he spent on the gun till I got the red dot sighted in.

So now I was on the hunt for a P226 and after much research I decided on the P226 Legion SAO. I didn't know Sig made a SAO gun till my search. I read to many post from people that were saying they got the DA/SA then shot the SAO and wished they had gone with the SAO. The DA/SA has standard trigger components with a grey guns trigger, the SAO has highly polished trigger components and a flat face trigger made by Sig that is installed and tuned at the Sig custom shop.

I bought mine on Sigs LEO program from Gulf State Distributors in Mobile Alabama. I paid $999.00 for the gun and $30 overnight shipping.

Now Sig offers the Legion in a rx model. I'm going to send mine off to have the slide cut for a red dot.

Almost forgot to add that I carried a P229r on duty for 11 years and hated that gun. Being short made it feel heavier and it was low capacity (12 rounds) and the grip just didn't feel right, it felt short and fat. My P226 is perfect and Sig list the P226 Legion as being .4oz lighter than the P229 Legion. Mec-Gar makes 18 round flush fit magazines for the P226 as well to replace the factory 15 round magazines made by Mec-Gar and Check mate.

If you want to shoot my P226 Legion SAO at Stoddards we can do that, I'm there every week.

I have Monday off and would like to give it a go if that would work for you.

Thanks to G glockfan I have decided to roll with the Sig P226 Legion SAO. What a pistol! I absolutely fell in love with his today. So now I am searching for one. Thanks again brother! It was a blast today!

I believe Bullseye in Lawrenceville has at least one Legion for rent, can't remember if it was a 226 or 229. If you go at a time I can be there I'd let you shoot my 229 Legion or Sig 1911 Extreme (don't laugh, it is a 1911 and is crazy accurate!).

I believe Bullseye in Lawrenceville has at least one Legion for rent, can't remember if it was a 226 or 229. If you go at a time I can be there I'd let you shoot my 229 Legion or Sig 1911 Extreme (don't laugh, it is a 1911 and is crazy accurate!).

I never get out that way, but I have shot the Sig 1911 and it is very impressive.

Have the told you the price to modify the slide and install the Romeo? I'm looking at the same thing with my P229 Legion. They are selling regular P229 slide Romeo "conversion" kits for a little under $600 if you can find them.

Well, it is DONE!!

I know I said I was going to go with a Sig P226 SAO. However, I was worried about the safety as I do not train with any guns that have a safety on them. But I liked it so much that I talk myself into it and actually ordered one for what I thought to be a crazy good price. But then got an email that they were back ordered and would be 60-90 days until they received a shipment from Sig. So I canceled that order.

Then I started to think about that safety again. I really considered it and was fearful that, God forbid, I ever had to use it in a self defense situation the safety would not be something I am used to and it might freeze me up. Having trained with DA/SA for years, I was confident that the first long trigger pull would not be that much of a hindrance for me. And this gun IS going to be my carry, so I wanted to make sure I was 100% confident.

So with all that considered, I decided to order a Sig Sauer P229 Legion SA/DA from the Lawmen's web site this afternoon. I am very excited! I want to pass a thanks again to G glockfan for letting me fondle and shoot his P226. Also thanks to all that came on this thread and to those that PMed me advise. I am very confident that I am going to be very happy with this purchase!

Have the told you the price to modify the slide and install the Romeo? I'm looking at the same thing with my P229 Legion. They are selling regular P229 slide Romeo "conversion" kits for a little under $600 if you can find them.

I spoke to a Legion rep at Sig and he told me that the RX conversion will be available at LEO price discount at the beginning of 2018 so I am going to wait till he calls me with the price.

A benefit to having my current slide milled is that I can mill it for any red dot sight I want not just the Romeo. I could even have it milled the same as a Glock mos so that I can use my extra Glock plates to run any number of different red dots. I like having options.

I have a Votex Viper red dot on my G17 mos and so far I like it. Both the Vortex and Romeo have their good and bad points. The only advantage the Romeo has is that it will go into sleep mode after 2 minutes of no movement which will save on battery life so I can leave the sight on all the time. The Vortex sight battery will die if I forget to shut it off. The Advantage of the Vortex is the size of the dot. Its perfect for CQC use where as the Romeo is a dot size I use on my AR's for longer distance shooting. I have the Romer1 on my P320rx.

Cost of the slide milling is about $250 and a Vortex sight is $175 Sig does not have the LEO price list available anymore on its website but I believe when they did the Romeo1 was around $250.

Back
Top Bottom