• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Going to give it a shot! YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!

I suspect Sig has tight tolerances and the 115 grain isn't a good choice for the 1st 200 rounds.

You will be fine running a few boxes of the 147 as it should help some smooth out the action/barrel/slide together. Then I'd recommend plinking w/ 124gr and carrying 124gr +p HST's

Have fun!

Yep I'm going to get in this thread...don't have anything to say but I do wanta see how it turns out for you buddy

Thanks buddy.

I suspect Sig has tight tolerances and the 115 grain isn't a good choice for the 1st 200 rounds.

You will be fine running a few boxes of the 147 as it should help some smooth out the action/barrel/slide together. Then I'd recommend plinking w/ 124gr and carrying 124gr +p HST's

Have fun!

That sounds like some solid advise

I have owned three P320's and a P226 Legion and none have needed a break in period. All have worked fine with all grains of 9mm. Not sure about Atlanta arms but I have had experience with manufacturers loading their ammo on the light side causing this very issue. My Glock 42 for example will eat everything but Freedom Munitions. With FM I will have 1 or 2 failures to feed in each magazine because the rounds are weak. I have shot FM back to back with Georgia arms and WWB and I can feel the lighter recoil with FM and its the only ammo that causes my G42 to malfunction.

I have the same problem with FM in my XDm9 3.8 just not as often as my G42. My other three XDm's will function reliably with the same ammo from FM that causes my XDm 3.8 to fail.

I stopped running freedom munitions in my G42 and XDm9 3.8 and all is good.

I strongly suspect that the ammo is out of spec. Looking forward to hearing if the other ammo corrects the issue.

Second on the break in...had the same experience with my Legion. My older 226 ran like a champ, I got it second hand. Wished I never gotten rid of it, the SRT trigger was soooooo soooo sweeeeeeet.

My MK 25 P 226 hates Winchester white box 115 gr. Loves Freedom 147 sub reloads suppressed or not My Sigs in various models do not like it either As far as break in , I know my guns with a few rounds thru them do work better. Just give it some time Find a round that works and break it in They're like a virgin. You have to loosen them up a little before you try to wear it out !

I came home this evening and loaded a mag with about 7 Hornady 147 grain bullets and kept racking the slide. I know it’s not the safest thing to do, but just had to. Every round chambered just fine and felt smooth. So that makes me feel better about it. Had I thought about it, while I was at the range earlier I should have loaded those rounds up and shot them just to see. But I was pissed and wanted to leave quickly.

But I’m still anxious about shooting it again. I’m working nights while school is out, so I may get up early one afternoon and go to a range just to quickly shoot a box of the 147 grain through it.

Back
Top Bottom