• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gold panning

Wish I had a place. Would love to take the kids out.
Last time I checked payoff was like 29c a hour average
i have heard this is only good as a hobby mostly. before looking into this i wanted to see if it was profitable. it really isnt, otherwise more folks would do it i guess. im more just interested in learning how and trying it a few times (who knows, i might become addicted)

i have heard this is only good as a hobby mostly. before looking into this i wanted to see if it was profitable. it really isnt, otherwise more folks would do it i guess. im more just interested in learning how and trying it a few times (who knows, i might become addicted)
If you watch the gold shows, when they test an area for is gold content, they usually put a value on the dollar amount per yard of material. Some of them mine for 7-15.00/yard, some of the areas I am in is in the 25-32.00/yard range. If it were legal to mine v/s prospect, and had enough yards to run, you would cash in and retire quick.

Wish I had a place. Would love to take the kids out.
Last time I checked payoff was like 29c a hour average
With a pan and shovel thats about right. I have a place that is begging for me to hit it, soon as the water warm's up I'll be out there. You wont get rich but I do seem to find at least some gold in almost every pan.

Man I have a addictive personality. Lol. This can go nowhere good.
FAQ day job. Lol
Edit: I'm in paulding. Perhaps a panning M&G could be in order.

gold 2-5.JPG

Damn nice pieces!

If anyone has a spot worth trying ....

I just ordered my brand new 4" dredge for this season. I have two private claims already, however I would be happy to try new spots and do a fair split on any gold found.

That 4" can move a bunch of material fast and has a 3 stage sluice for great gold recovery.

Hit me up if anyone is interested.

Also there is a claim in Buchannan for others who just want to wet a pan. Joint the GPAA for like $80 and you get full access to it. And there is good color in the creek.

Does anyone have a creek on their property?
Maybe bring the kiddos a grill and a cooler and plan a fun Saturday for some of the ODT families?
I have a wife and a 8yo scout who would love to try it.
I'll bring the burgers?

Back
Top Bottom