• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gold panning

I am on some good ****! I will be back out tomorrow, cold or not, my ass cant stop wondering when I will expose the true source of the gold.

I was taught to work up stream about 10 to 20 feet at a time, when on a little creek.
When you find some, move 10 or 20 feet and don't find any, you've got it narrowed down.
I doesn't take very long to cover a good distance that way.

You know you could always pick up a sluice box which will speed up your take considerably.
I had a maybe 4 or 5' sluice that really worked well.
We would set it up and then go fill a 5 gallon bucket up.
Then slowly dump the contents of the bucket into the sluice (while sitting on another 5 gallon bucket) using one of those little shovels for the garden.
I enjoyed it that way the most .... Just a thought .....
That is exactly what I am doing now. I am running an A51A with Keene miracle mat.

**** I wish I could dredge this creek! Unfortunately this public land. I have a 3" and it would eat this creek up. I do however have some land in AL that we can go to, The Tallapoosa would be a good fit for your 4"/

Excellent, I've got a few spots on the Tallapoosa and the little Tallapoosa I hit. Also have my own property with a feeder stream and it has a little here and there... Lol
That's why I got the 4". The 3" just wasn't moving enough over burden to make the shiny stuff show up in any volume.

I've got land in Carroll county so right on the line across from some good Alabama spots. Let me know and I'm sure we can work out a few weekends together.

I've even been known to float into some spots, dredge all weekend then float out. Makes for some adventure.

gold2-12-16.jpg

Not as much today, seems that I have hit a dry spot. But, I'll take it.

Yeah, I probably made $.29 and hour but it was fun with my FiL. With gas and luck it wasn't to costly.
I'm sorry I did not mean to be demeaning at all. We had a creek that ran through my old backyard and I looked into it. Like as a source of income.
But yeah memories are priceless. I want to take my kids out.

Excellent, I've got a few spots on the Tallapoosa and the little Tallapoosa I hit. Also have my own property with a feeder stream and it has a little here and there... Lol
That's why I got the 4". The 3" just wasn't moving enough over burden to make the shiny stuff show up in any volume.

I've got land in Carroll county so right on the line across from some good Alabama spots. Let me know and I'm sure we can work out a few weekends together.

I've even been known to float into some spots, dredge all weekend then float out. Makes for some adventure.
We will be at our club in Al this weekend, you are more than welcome to bring your dredge.

Our club is between Fruithurst and Muscadine. We have right at 2 miles of the Tallapoosa that we have access to .

Back
Top Bottom