• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Golden Tiger 7.62x39

Funny... People do rave about GT, but in the AK Operator Union test of various AK ammo it didn't do well at all. If I remember right, Brown Bear outperformed all the Tul, Wolf and GT stuff.

IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
I've shot a lot of AK ammo. Brown Bear, Tul, Wolf, GT, etc. To me, it seems to be the luck of the draw. I've had GT perform very well and remain consistent in some cases, one case not so much. Same results with all these brands. I would say GT is at least as good at holding groups as the others, if not better, as a whole and is sealed as lacquered to boot. My results only. I know GT is popular on here so thought I would post it.

Some quick tests I did a couple years ago from 2 different rifles

It is good ammo. Factory making it was the last USSR ammo factory brought online, built specifically to supply the troops facing the Chinese.
GT is the only Russian ammo that uses a Boat Tail FMJ bullet.
Be careful to find out when tests are done. My favorite ammo is Ulyanovsk-made Wolf Classic HP, BUT Tula bought them out several years ago, and quality went way down. I still have old Uly production cases, and I am holding onto them.

Russian shooters, on Guns.ru, prefer Barnaul made ammo, (Brown Bear, Sapsan). That's what I stock now, along with GT.

Hayata Hayata , next time we meet I will give you a box or two of GT to try out.
Uly-made WC HP was a tad more accurate in my rifles. Alas, Tula messed with production and powder.
Now I buy GT and Barnaul HP. HP is not for expansion, but to help with accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom