• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Golf anyone?

Falcon1 Falcon1 i knew I would lose but the way the ranger handled it was very unprofessional. I swallowed my pride and apologized to Mr Hill verbally as the ranger asked me to even it was acted that he did no wrong. That why I won't go back. The course was in terrible shape so much hat the starter told us that some of the greens were gone. That was an understatement. It was like putting on the beaches of Normandy.there were literal craters everywhere. Shouldn't even been playing on them. I'm not exaggerating either.

Falcon1 Falcon1 i knew I would lose but the way the ranger handled it was very unprofessional. I swallowed my pride and apologized to Mr Hill verbally as the ranger asked me to even it was acted that he did no wrong. That why I won't go back. The course was in terrible shape so much hat the starter told us that some of the greens were gone. That was an understatement. It was like putting on the beaches of Normandy.there were literal craters everywhere. Shouldn't even been playing on them. I'm not exaggerating either.

Got it I see what you are saying now. How long ago was that just curious, I remember them shutting down one of the 9s for a while to "work on the greens".

I played Bradshaw a lot when i was in Cobb, but then I moved. I went to Chicapee Woods in Gainesville a lot. Another 27 hole course... Really fast greens last I played. And reasonable as hell. not to mention the best clubhouse cheeseburger I've had the opportunity to eat.

Bears Best is another one that is a cat-iron S.O.B.
Now I'm back in middle Georgia where the land is flatter and my ball goes farther.

Got it I see what you are saying now. How long ago was that just curious, I remember them shutting down one of the 9s for a while to "work on the greens".
Maybe 5 years ago or so. I felt cheated. They should've made some sort of consideration for how the greens were. They didn't. It was around hole 14 or 15 if I recall. Mr hill mouthed off to me about my slice, his dog was barking uncontrlably with him sitting right there. He made no bones about it, his dog belonged there I didn't. That's when I hit the roof. I was at fault for adding to the matter but he was just at fault. He called the clubhouse and a ranger drove out to meet us. It ensued further from there..he was a member but at that point I was a paying player. He initiated the whole thing I didn't take too kindly to his words either. Explained that to the ranger and his words were " he's a member and you're a guest today. You can drive over and apologize to him or you can drive to the parking lot and leave". I apologized but told the ranger I wouldn't be back and I won't ever be back. Sadly, Mr hill is probably dead at this point and so is that golf course to me.

Maybe 5 years ago or so. I felt cheated. They should've made some sort of consideration for how the greens were. They didn't. It was around hole 14 or 15 if I recall. Mr hill mouthed off to me about my slice, his dog was barking uncontrlably with him sitting right there. He made no bones about it, his dog belonged there I didn't. That's when I hit the roof. I was at fault for adding to the matter but he was just at fault. He called the clubhouse and a ranger drove out to meet us. It ensued further from there..he was a member but at that point I was a paying player. He initiated the whole thing I didn't take too kindly to his words either. Explained that to the ranger and his words were " he's a member and you're a guest today. You can drive over and apologize to him or you can drive to the parking lot and leave". I apologized but told the ranger I wouldn't be back and I won't ever be back. Sadly, Mr hill is probably dead at this point and so is that golf course to me.

Sounds like a crotchety old man that just wanted to feel powerful, what a douche. I haven't played in months, but the greens were in good shape when I was there last. If I hear anyone in the clubhouse named Mr. Hill I will be sure to get you his autograph lol.

I played Bradshaw a lot when i was in Cobb, but then I moved. I went to Chicapee Woods in Gainesville a lot. Another 27 hole course... Really fast greens last I played. And reasonable as hell. not to mention the best clubhouse cheeseburger I've had the opportunity to eat.

Bears Best is another one that is a cat-iron S.O.B.
Now I'm back in middle Georgia where the land is flatter and my ball goes farther.
Bear's Best was one of the courses I've heard good things about, but never been able to play.

Back
Top Bottom