• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gonna try and unstick my oil rings in my Honda

Remove plugs and pour a few ounces in each cylinder, let set a few hours
I have used Kroil this way as well.
A small squeeze bottle with a 1/4" or so hose attached makes this task easy
Got several different flavors of carbon busters to choose from around my house, including Kroil. Heck I might even try Break Free gun cleaner.

Got an '09 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder hitting @ 220K now. Burns a quart of earl every 1-2K now. I have never done any major maintenance other than engine/tranny fluid change. Other than that, it runs great.

Should I be looking at putting in an additive or similar type snake oil?

Some "fix in a bottle" stuff does actually work. Stop leak in the oil system is probably not a good idea in most cases. Sounds like your problem is that it did actually work, it just plugged the wrong thing.
oil stop leak just expands the gasket material. better than pulling the engine for a r&r if it worked. i put some seafoam, more fix in a bottle to fix the fix in a bottle

Got an '09 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder hitting @ 220K now. Burns a quart of earl every 1-2K now. I have never done any major maintenance other than engine/tranny fluid change. Other than that, it runs great.

Should I be looking at putting in an additive or similar type snake oil?
Change the pcv if you havent already. If it still looses oil and you're not leaking it then its most likely the rings on these newer hondas.

oil stop leak just expands the gasket material. better than pulling the engine for a r&r if it worked. i put some seafoam, more fix in a bottle to fix the fix in a bottle
Not sure how the oil stop made it go into limp mode. The only filter Im aware of is the vtec solenoid screen. I wouldnt think that would force it into limp mode since vtec isnt required to operate. Could be wrong though. As far as your rear main, Id just run a thicker oil like a 15w40.

Yes. 2k miles ago. She still likes the oil...

Ive got a gal of MMO and was gonna mix up my own concoction but after seeing this stuff I figured Id try it first. Ive been running 8oz of MMO in the oil for the last 4 oil changes. No change in oil consumption.
Remove plugs and pour a few ounces in each cylinder, let set a few hours
I have used Kroil this way as well.
A small squeeze bottle with a 1/4" or so hose attached makes this task easy
Google "Saturn piston soak". MMO is a proven solution for it .
3Clicks referes to it. After putting MMO let car sit over overnight. Cover spru gplug holes with a rag and turn over engine by hand. MMO will shoot out of spark plug holes.
Put plugs back. Done.
MMO in the oil will clean cranckshaft and other areas, but it does not have time to work inside the cylinder.

Not sure how the oil stop made it go into limp mode. The only filter Im aware of is the vtec solenoid screen. I wouldnt think that would force it into limp mode since vtec isnt required to operate. Could be wrong though. As far as your rear main, Id just run a thicker oil like a 15w40.
did the thicker oil ,no go, put the stop leak in and instantly had problems. looked up limp mode and the primary cause was vtec screen clogged,by dirty or wrong weight oil

Back
Top Bottom