• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gonna try and unstick my oil rings in my Honda

A multi-multi weight lol. I was out of 5w and didnt realize it so (to get me to work) I used some Rotella 15w40 and 5w30 leftovers from previous oil changes. Gonna pick up some more 5w30 on the way home with the colder weather coming.

Run only Rotella 15-40 in that motor. Thin oil was to eek out a fraction more mpgs in EPA tests on new motor. Yours is npt new, and the Rotella will help in many ways.

Run only Rotella 15-40 in that motor. Thin oil was to eek out a fraction more mpgs in EPA tests on new motor. Yours is npt new, and the Rotella will help in many ways.
Ive been running rotella in it off and on for its detergent properties. I always have some because I use it in 3 other vehicles. But ya I think I will go ahead and use it.

Remove plugs and pour a few ounces in each cylinder, let set a few hours
I have used Kroil this way as well.
A small squeeze bottle with a 1/4" or so hose attached makes this task easy
Use PB Blaster instead of MMO in the cylinders. Pull the plugs, spray liberally into each cylinder. Replace plugs, let it set over night and crank it the next day. If that don’t break them loose they weren’t stuck to begin with.

Use PB Blaster instead of MMO in the cylinders. Pull the plugs, spray liberally into each cylinder. Replace plugs, let it set over night and crank it the next day. If that don’t break them loose they weren’t stuck to begin with.
Im sure op has either fixed it or broke it by now. :becky:

Back
Top Bottom