• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good .308 AR10 for around $1500?

MRH

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
God, family, guitars, and guns.
208   0
Reaction score
I want an AR in .308 and really want a Daniel Defense, but those things are double the cost of what I want to pay. That's life. I could pay a bit less if I bought a used DD, but they are still pretty steep. Can someone recommend a really solid choice, if there is one, for around $1500? I'm talking just the rifle, not including optics or anything else. I plan to get one in a month or two, and I may still go for the DD.

I have shot a Lewis Machine and Tool in .308 and it was probably the finest AR type rifle I've ever had the privilege to shoot, but again, these are $3k+...It was heavy but exceptional.

A friend has an FN FAL and it is also about as good as anything I've tried in .308, but again, the price...And I love FN products.

I have never fired a DD.

My uses will be target, hunting, crap hits the fan, etc. Anything I may need it for type gun.

It must be accurate.

Any input or suggestions will be considered and appreciated.

sr762 if it were me, theres on one here fairly cheap i believe. if you want DI then the m&p AR10 is also very solid

Reactions: MRH
sr762 if it were me, theres on one here fairly cheap i believe. if you want DI then the m&p AR10 is also very solid

I have looked at the M&P. The M&P15 in 556 is very solid. I have no idea about the M&P10.

What he said. I think the SR762 for sale here used to belong to me. It's a great gun...very accurate with a low round count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom