• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Good behavior bond

Is it a criminal matter or civil?
If it's criminal how can discovery not be an option?
If there is no legitimate way to prepare a vigorous defense, what are the options for appeal?
Why isn't there a mechanism in place to stop a crazy old woman from abusing this action when the cops won't arrest her neighbors because....they didn't do anything?
A bond hearing is not where this is done. Granted it would be nice if they would explain but in reality it’s not their job. You are supposed to be prepared befor you show up at the hearing.
You should already know if it’s a civil or criminal matter.

A bond hearing is not where this is done. Granted it would be nice if they would explain but in reality it’s not their job. You are supposed to be prepared befor you show up at the hearing.
I'm not sure we're really on the same page here.

I'm talking about OCGA 17-6-90. This isn't a traditional bond hearing, it's a hearing into itself.

This is not technically a bond hearing, it's a show cause hearing with no real predicate action. Every other county in the state at least requires a police report to be filed with the GBB, Chatham does not.

Sounds like the neighborhood needs to draw straws to see which guy "volunteers" to hit that thang. Improve her attitude with a good *******. Just sayin'.

I'm not sure we're really on the same page here.

I'm talking about OCGA 17-6-90. This isn't a traditional bond hearing, it's a hearing into itself.
Good Behavior Warrants are generally issued for individuals not residing together who are harassing another party in a non-violent manner.

GOOD BEHAVIOR WARRANTS Issuance: May only be issued by judicial officer authorized to hold court of inquiry [OCGA § 17-6-90]. Generally, Pre-Warrant Hearings are held prior to the issuance of a Good Behavior Warrant. Probable Cause Basis: A. May be based upon another's sworn affidavit; OR B. Court's own motion. " Probable cause MUST exist. Grounds: A. Conduct of person in the county; B. Directed at person or property in the county; C. Justifying belief that: 1. safety of person is endangered, or 2. personal peace may be disturbed, or 3. person's property may be disturbed, or 4. person's property may be injured [OCGA § 17-6-90(a)] D. Can't be purely speculative. Some conduct must have occurred. Court may set reasonable conditions with same limitations as set out in [OCGA § 17-6-90]. Duration of the warrant is (6) months from the date the Defendant is served with the Good Behavior Warrant.

Situations where Good Behavior Warrants are issued (but not limited to): • When a crime has occurred, but the victim is reluctant to pursue criminal prosecution. • Where probable cause exists for cross warrants against both Parties. • Where threats were made, but without corroboration. • Where the seriousness of the criminal conduct does not yet warrant criminal prosecution, but some action is needed to prevent further escalation. Good Behavior Warrants, when approved by the Court, are oftentimes served upon the Defendant without the necessity of arrest or bail. The decision of arrest and bail are at the discretion of the Court.

Sounds like you need a lawyer. Some conduct must have occurred. Can't be purely speculative. If this is a case of judicial harassment. The affiant, The one who swore out the complaint is responsible for all court costs.

I don't know who is playing a game. You or the other party.

A restraining order might throw a wrench in their shenanigans... a lawyer to beg the court to keep this idiot 500 feet away from you and avoid all contact by any means from your family, yourself or your property.

Good Behavior Warrants are generally issued for individuals not residing together who are harassing another party in a non-violent manner.

GOOD BEHAVIOR WARRANTS Issuance: May only be issued by judicial officer authorized to hold court of inquiry [OCGA § 17-6-90]. Generally, Pre-Warrant Hearings are held prior to the issuance of a Good Behavior Warrant. Probable Cause Basis: A. May be based upon another's sworn affidavit; OR B. Court's own motion. " Probable cause MUST exist. Grounds: A. Conduct of person in the county; B. Directed at person or property in the county; C. Justifying belief that: 1. safety of person is endangered, or 2. personal peace may be disturbed, or 3. person's property may be disturbed, or 4. person's property may be injured [OCGA § 17-6-90(a)] D. Can't be purely speculative. Some conduct must have occurred. Court may set reasonable conditions with same limitations as set out in [OCGA § 17-6-90]. Duration of the warrant is (6) months from the date the Defendant is served with the Good Behavior Warrant.

Situations where Good Behavior Warrants are issued (but not limited to): • When a crime has occurred, but the victim is reluctant to pursue criminal prosecution. • Where probable cause exists for cross warrants against both Parties. • Where threats were made, but without corroboration. • Where the seriousness of the criminal conduct does not yet warrant criminal prosecution, but some action is needed to prevent further escalation. Good Behavior Warrants, when approved by the Court, are oftentimes served upon the Defendant without the necessity of arrest or bail. The decision of arrest and bail are at the discretion of the Court.

Sounds like you need a lawyer. Some conduct must have occurred. Can't be purely speculative. If this is a case of judicial harassment. The affiant, The one who swore out the complaint is responsible for all court costs.

I don't know who is playing a game. You or the other party.

A restraining order might throw a wrench in their shenanigans... a lawyer to beg the court to keep this idiot 500 feet away from you and avoid all contact by any means from your family, yourself or your property.
Not me. She had one little spat acting like a ****ing idiot towards me and it was conveyed that she was barking up the wrong tree.

Her claim against my friend is that he hired someone to hit her car while it was illegally parked in the lane.

Not me. She had one little spat acting like a ****ing idiot towards me and it was conveyed that she was barking up the wrong tree.

Her claim against my friend is that he hired someone to hit her car while it was illegally parked in the lane.
Wish you were closer. Always wanted to do a demo derby. :car::car:

Back
Top Bottom